Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayel
New Member!
Female 

08-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Mobile dog grooming vans for sale?

Hi,

I am about to start a three week course and feel the best way for me to get started is with a mobile dog grooming van as i do not own a house yet.

Does anyone have or know any that are for sale??

Please reply if you do.

Many Thanks
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Have you tried Agility Net? Stuff like this often comes up on there
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry I don't but best wishes for the future to you xxxxx
fayel
New Member!
Female 

08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
i will have a look on that website,

Its just so expensive if you have no financial backing.

I am applying through the Princes Trust so hopefully they can help
bow wow wow
New Member!
Female 

08-09-2010, 09:13 PM
three weeks !!
fayel
New Member!
Female 

09-09-2010, 08:40 AM
three weeks??

I dont get it
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I would think that they mean a three week course is no preparation to spend on a mobile van and go out grooming dogs. You may need some more experience first. I would see if you can do a bit with someone experienced first, maybe in a salon.
fayel
New Member!
Female 

10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah i know 3 weeks doesn't sound much but she has had a lot of students that have started up straight away so im pretty confident. Just got to give it a go really.

I will try and work for free in a salon until i can get my own business going. Ive asked everywhere if they have paid work but there is not enough work for two people in a small salon
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I think that the reason people are suprised that you intend starting your own grooming business,after only training for 3 weeks,is that in that time you will only learn the bare basics, and you intend in investing in a vehicle and equipment,with no client base,and really virtually no experience. I trained for 6 months (25 years ago) and when I started up on my own I was working 7 days a week just to break even,you have gain a reputation,and I really feel that 3 weeks will not give you a good enough grounding in the art of grooming. I am suprised that you say that the person who is training you feels that you will be prepared after such a short time. Are you paying for this course,or is she a friend doing you a favour? I would seriously think before you start spending money on vehicles and spend a bit more time and money on your training. Sorry to be so negative,but this is a serious subject.
fayel
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Yes i am paying for the course, she does all levels of courses and i have gone for the intensive course. I will learn all grooming, first aid and also how to run a business, do the books, advertise ect. I will also receive a start up kit.

I have nothing else to do with my time and my partner can support me so i am prepared to have minimal clients for a while. You will never get anywhere if you dont try hard.

If i worked for free in a salon for a couple of months i will still be back at square one with having no money coming in for even longer. I see your point in gaining experience but all people are different, you never know i might be good at it and have the confidence to go straight out there.

Anyway i will have to see when i actually finish this course but im pretty confident with my choice of trainer as i have been to see a few.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >