View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

C'mon all you PC technical wizards - Ok, yet another technical question about DVD RW

Having completely destroyed my cd RW who's drawer was stuck the other day!! And having solved my ATAPI incompatible error (the DVDRW was set to slave driver as was the CD drive ao had to change one of them to master - the DVD RW)

Anyhow NOW..... when I go to my computer it shows A drive as floppy, D drive as dvd RW and E drive as CD RW, BUT when I try to copy something to the dvd I get an error message that says

D:\ Is not accessible, incorrect function

WTF??? Please can someone help as I am STILL tryiong to record pics and music to dvd for my grandpa originally it was for his birthday in September now ant to do it for xmas. And my patience is running really low ie my totall destruction of the DVD read only drive at the weekend which was attacked with 2 screwdrivers and pliers when the drawer got stuck
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2007, 10:10 AM
If your using windows moviemaker which i think you are that is your problem.

Since your DVD RW is not the master movie maker will not write to a slave.

Another way is to save it to your pc then use nero or other burning software to burn the video file to the disk for you.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
If your using windows moviemaker which i think you are that is your problem.

Since your DVD RW is not the master movie maker will not write to a slave. this is prob totally wrong but the dvd rw is the master and the cd rw the slave - does that make a difference??

Another way is to save it to your pc then use nero or other burning software to burn the video file to the disk for you.
Hi used dvd photo slideshow pro which I downloaded and am using as a free trial.

But did try using the nero package direct by trying to follow the instructions for a photo disc but it won't let me add music even though the option is there.

Did try moviemaker and that diodnt work either.

Sorry to be so daft but what should I use to make the file to save to my pc? And what or how should I save the file?

All I want is a simple 5 minute dvd of photos of all the family at grandpas birthday....with some quiet background music...if this is how much hassle I have its a wonder any films have ever been made...then again its maybe just me!!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
If all you want to do is make a photo montague with backing music then just use photoshop.

You can do all that by using crate slideshow. Once you have don't all that, just save it and then burn it.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
What options have you got for making a photo disks in nero because i know not all are the same.

What ever you have i have it because i have the Ultra Edition. I'll do a simple tutorial for you.