Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Anyone got Pipex broadband

Just wondering does anyone use pipex for their broadband provider?

If so what is it like?

Am having a nightmare getting Sky as originally I was told free connection now they want $50

And with me off work that is just not possible and now I have no virgin broadband so am on dial up
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I haven't got it but my farther in law has. I don't think he's had any proplems with it as far as i'm aware not said anything.

The £50 that sky want off you thats for a pro to install it for you and it's optional.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 08:52 PM
hiya]
it shouldnt cost u anything for hook up - its really easy to install - did it myself and it took about 10 mins

been really happy with it .

i had to clarify it a few times with sky as depends on who u speak to at sky !!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 07:23 PM
just phoned again and apparently the connection fee used to be £20 but is now £50 and at the time I enquired there was a free activation offer but that no longer exists so I'd have to pay!! and I did say it would be self install (with a little bit of help prob from dogsey!!!)

Will try pipex as this dial up a nightmare, my original reason for the post was when I spoke to pipex yesterday they asked if I knew anyone with pipex as if they "reccomend" it to me then I get £20 off my bill and so does the reccomender but I don't know anyone so wondered if anyone on dogsey had it and could use a £20 credit to their account!!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Had it for a couple of years now and it's been faultless if i'm honest.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I have had Pipex for a couple of years now and it is fantastic. The call centre is in Cheshire, they are really nice to you and easy to speak to. The tech support line is great, I am a complete numskull when it comes to computers but they have talked me through setting it all up and everything, they are so patient it is untrue. Would strongly recommend it to anyone