Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Where are we all going this weekend?

Just thought I'd start a new thread on this one!
Where is everyone off to this weekend, show wise?
We have an Open in Dublin, Combined Canine Club, on Sunday they have changed the venue to a Sports Centre a few miles away from the National showground but it is slightly closer for me. As Opens go, it is a pretty big one and all the committee dress up in Christmassy things and have Santa arrive etc luckily Deccy doesn't mind all the twinkly lights (we went last year).
A lady judge so Deccy should behave, fingers crossed.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 08:53 AM
On saturday I am off to assess a litter of welshies and take some pics for the owner, and on Sunday I am gundog training - which is always a fun day out

Good luck at the show deccy
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm going away on Friday to a friend who lives near Welshpool in Wales. Taking the dogs, and spending three glorious days taking them for walks, including first time on the beach.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi - no shows for us now til end of December / beg Jan. Good luck those that have them coming up this weekend - and have fun

If the weather (and tide times) are good think it could be a beach trip for us too! They lurrrrve the beach!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Limited Show today in Cumnock 30 minutes away where Pellow got a first in AV Hound NSC Graduate and was shortlisted for BIS and Rye got a second in AV Hound NSC Open.

Off to Dumfermline tomorrow for Fife Limited show -only going as there is a Borzoi Class Open only I'm afraid.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Well done for today's result!
I am not sure we will go tomorrow as it is blowing 70mph here and there may be trees down by morning, I'll have to see.... luckily the judging isn't until 12 noon.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks Deccy . will have to keep this short ad we are off
to Fife in five minutes
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Hope you can make it to Dublin Deccy....or is it too late to leave now?

Just noticed BUBA was yesterday... off to find the results ....
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Deccey and all

Just got back from Dumfermline. Weather was awful. But results were good. Pellow got 1st in Borzoi Open and 3rd in the Group He was beaten by a lovely Saluki and a nice Afterglow PBGV. Rye got 3rd in Borzoi Open, so it was worth braving the weather.
Dud you brave the weather and go Deccy?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes I did go, having surveyed the fields around me and found everything still upright and the power on, so off we went. Very rough journey despite some good roads including a new motorway section but got there in plenty of time. I gave Deccy a bit of a walk and he skipped around chasing leaves, then we were in. He won Dalmatian Open but didn't get BOB, I think he was still trying to chase leaves a bit full of himself. The owner of the BOB expressed interest in using him but the bitch in question is only 3 months I don't think she meant soon!
Then we went into Ladies Handling in the BIS ring under a well known judge, 11 entries, and we won! I did work very hard though constantly getting his attention and making sure his feet were right, and he had settled on the move by then. INteresting, it was run like a normal AV class, often in Ladies handing they ask you questions aout the dog and get you to do certain things like move the dog in a "T" just like Junior Handling. Anyway, I was delighted, that is the third or fourth time we have won that so ya boo sucks to my old ringcraft classes where I was told I was c**p at handling! The great thing was, Deccy can be funny about male judges and he was as good as gold under this one, so I was pleased with him even before we were placed.
Packing up my gear to go, I was whisked into the ring again to handle a Pap along with 4 other "volunteers" as the owner of all of them was on her own (why do people do this?) Anyway, it got down to two dogs, the one I was given to handle and one the owner had. She decided we would swap obviously wanted that one to go BOB so I had a new one to run - and mine got BOB her face was a picture. It appears I can handle a Toy breed as well although never tried before. Much easier than a plunging spotty oik!
Well done to Pellow! Sounds like a good placing in the Group, too. I was mugged by an 8 month old bouncing Borzoi bitch, absolutely delightful, a definite gleam in her eye, her owner said she was a monster and unlike any Borzoi she had known before! I could have sworn she (the Borzoi) was grinning)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >