Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:58 PM

Anyone been watching the Vets on BBC 1?

Anyone been watching the Super Vets at The Royal Veterinary College on BBC 1 the last couple of weeks? It's really, really great and reminds me of the old Vets in Practice series. That poor little springer spaniel (Fogie?) who broke his neck, didn't he make a marvellous recovery? I'm amazed at what they can do nowadays, they are truly marvellous our vets And those nurses when they took him swimming, she had the sense to get in with him so as not to frighten him too much in the water, after all he'd been through I loved the way they cared so much for him. The horse and his broken leg, that was pretty amazing too, I think they had about 8 vets working on it didn't they? Years ago, they would have shot a horse with a broken leg, it's just brilliant what they can do now with our beloved friends!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:26 PM
i watched it last week and last night it was amazing to see the dog recover so brilliantly loved it when they all got excited with him in the pool and wow when he finally went home the way he was pulling to think last week he was nearly gone and now hes fantastic,and the horse what an op for him to mend his broken leg its amazing what they can do these days
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I have to admit Jen, I started crying just a little bit, over that poor Fogle doggie, not only last week, but also when he was trying to walk bless him, and what wonderful owners they were to have had all that done for him and all the aftercare that must have gone with it. That man was certainly a big softie wasn't he, you could just see that when he was talking about his little Fogle! I also liked that lady vet with the hair lip who did the op, she was great wasn't she! I soooo admire those people who do all that
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:48 PM
i totally agree with everything you said yes the lady with there lip made me cry and laugh especially when she was taking the dog out i dont know who was more excited her or the dog and the owners aww bless them they were so relived and so happy to see there baby up and walking glad it ended with a happy ending
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:52 PM
I was amazed to see Frodo recover so well, wonder how long he was at the Hospital for..............his owners looked so pleased to see him up on his feet.

Must admit when they put in the Pool, I was willing him to paddle, bless him.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Have been watching the series too and also found it moving, think the ability to 'mend/repair' a broken leg in a horse depends on where the break is, in this case it was the knee joint, have known other horses who have had their legs repaired when bones are broken but mainly only those who had great value at stud so would think it is not usually possible to save a horse with a broken bone in the leg although a damage in the joint is obviously now possible if it can be afforded.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks Sweep, of course his name was Frodo, I can never get anything right! I don't think they said how long he had been in, but it must have been a very long time considering how he was when he first tried to walk? I was willing him to move his little legs too when he went in the pool. I loved the way those nurses got soooo excited when he did, they adored him I think!

Yes Thordell, I find it as moving as the old Animal Hospital series, that always had me in buckets! Yes, I would have expected to see this in a valuable racehorse, and yet this horse, although a beautiful Irish Draft/Tb by the looks of him, seemed to be just an ordinary private horse owner who obviously thought the world of him. I couldn't believe he was out in the field so quickly too, I would have expected at least 6 months box rest, but he was out again in only 6 weeks! When you think all that weight their repair job is going to have to carry. I do hope she takes it easy with him, or rests him for a long while over the summer maybe, that's what I'd do, as pounding the hard ground until it's fully healed is not going to be good for it!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:09 PM
The Rhino moving was good too, the Vets face when he had to dart him 3 times, oopps!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh, I forgot about him, but when he got his head through those bars, I had to hide my face in the cushion I couldn't bear to watch in case he got it stuck!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Me too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >