View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry if this is harsh, but burying your pet I understand fully, but the lengths that those people went to last night all so they could bury their pet in a cemetary !! My god I think I've seen it all now
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:05 PM
i tried so hard not to cry...but i do agree some went too far with coffins, satin etc....
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:16 PM
i saw that to , and i dont no what to make of it , it did make me think about what i will do when ellas time comes , but the whole cat thing made me feel rather ill i didn like that bit [ washing him ] not sure i could do that
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah it was sad, but i did think it was extreme, especially the guy who does the 7 hour round trip every day to visit the grave of his dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 01:54 PM
I only got as far as watching that gorgeous german shepherd in his bed, and that was enough for me!! I went to sleep crying then!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I feel for them, honestly , no one likes loosing a pet. But washing a dead cat ? And burying it in a coffin ? It's an Animal not a human. There's definately something wrong with those people
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I agree with you there Willow, I don't think I could handle doing this with any of my animals that have passed away. I've got them all in my front garden, and only one of them could I bear to even help carry to the grave, the others I have been well out of sight. Obviously, I have said my "goodbyes", but I just couldn't handle doing anything else with them in their departed state, poor loves
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Didn't see it but from what you lot are saying it seems a bit OTT.

When my 2 were PTS I stayed with them for a while and gave them cuddles but that's as far as I could go Had them both cremated and keep them at home
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I have a lovely casket with my horse's ashes in it sitting on my mantlepiece, it's a lovely (heavy!) wooden box with flowers on the top as my o/h drew the line at putting him in our garden
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2006, 07:47 PM
I agree it may have appeared OTT but I think of it this way some people choose to spend what money they have on drink or cigarettes, others on a burial and padded box for a much loved animal, that is their choice.

Some people never marry and have children and their pets become a subside for the families we take for granted, it was clear this applied to a couple of people in the programme.

I don't think I could bring myself to bathe and dry a dead cat but doing this obviously gave comfort to the owner.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >