Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 06:00 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 26th April

Good morning everyone

Another early morning but a lie in tomorrow. A bit colder when out with Teazle but the promise of a nice day. Nothing planned so will see what it throws at me

Hope all are well

Have a good day an stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 06:17 AM
Morning Sue
I am wide awake but staying put as Kota is snoring her head off
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 06:59 AM
Good morning Sue and Kelly and all to follow. Have a good day, stay safe and well. God Bless
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2020, 07:52 AM
Morning Sue, griff, Moyra and all to follow.
A beautiful warm sunny day here by 7am so we went out with Dillon by 7.30. Lovely walk over the park he did lots of rolling in the wet grass and some running. Pad on paw seems to be healing well still carrying on with the manuka honey and lucellin and padding up and booting for walks.

Michael eventually go through last night for a video chat I had missed a few attempts had my phone on silent. They're holding up ok in the lockdown and researching the possibility of getting a puppy a Dachshund so have been asking for advice on what to look for and about tests etc., found a good site for them. After lockdown they will be in touch with some breeders I think.
Michael works from home most of the time and they have looked into it being looked after when they are both away, friends, family and they have dog hotels nearby not kennels, Michael has said they will not kennel it.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Morning all. Here is a question for you all. In these strange times are you doing anything differently to what you would normally do? For me nothing much has changed except for the shopping being delivered when I need it. The days are just the same especially as I don't have Tyto now. But I still go for my walks. Do the housework, gardening etc. I read and watch tv like I always used to do. The only difference for me is not seeing my best friend Margaret on a Wednesday. So, have you found other things to do or are you doing just the same?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm, I am Normally out at least once a day.....and then walking the dogs and usually off to geeks house and if not if he is working late we meet for dinner, then of course theirs my regular evening out....so I am just stuck here reading books
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Good afternoon all.

We are in full isolation, Brenda, so missing our mornings out walking and calling for breakfast and coffee.

Rosie has adapted well to lots of play in the garden a few times a day to make up for her walks. Thankfully, our garden is a decent size
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Afternoon all

Good question Brenda
Well I suppose I am a little different as still going to work although it does not feel like work as total change to what I have known. Different but not different if you know what I mean. Also volunteering so going to do different things sort of Ad hoc.

Waking Gert once a day which has driven her stir crazy although easing off now slightly however when I am home in the daytime she does sleep with one eye open in case I decide we can go out. So a little reminder there. Miss our long walks and travelling to new destinations too.

Main thing I think for me personally has been not being able to drop in and see people and not able to go out for meals/choir/hobbies/events/Out in general when I feel like it to catch up.

The good points less traffic when out with Gert also speaking to neighbours more as I am in more and so are they lots of front garden chatter at acceptable distances. The weekly clap and the kindness I see/hear about daily random acts of kindness I think are needed and appreciated. Just checking your neighbours have what they need that you are alright etc. Reading books and mainly chatting with my cousins on book of face in our family group and sharing old pictures and tracing family history now in contact with a great uncles daughter in Canada we are just awaiting her joining our family group.

However I am starting to feel the abnormal is now normal. When watching TV like even Great British Menu I wince when seeing people so close together.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2020, 03:43 PM
Just to add just watched the London Marathon from 1981 my cousin was in it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
So, have you found other things to do or are you doing just the same?

Hi Brenda, the only thing which has changed for me is that I can't get in the car and drive into town when I need something, I am using 'on-line' much more but sometimes it's quicker to just go to the store haha. and some things they won't send by mail order such as WD40 or gas bottles.

I don't watch much on the news but the little I have seen seems to indicate that the 'total lockdown' might be easing soon so your weekly meet up with your freind can start again, I do hope so