Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
This of course means that I will be within hailing distance of the Mem, who will doubtless have some wicked designs or other upon my precious time. I will plead that the accounts need doing and ensconce myself somewhere warm and comfortable with a bit of light reading material.
I try to do that also but not living in a grand country retreat like your goodself it's hard, she can check all the rooms in about a minute. I do have my workshop but at present time no heating in there and I sure ain't gonna hide in there in this weather without heating

Very interesting discussion last night and I'm sorry I sloped off early, I will try to continue tonight and I think I owe you and June a slightly longer explanation about what I call 'human intervention'

As Nippy has told me I am often very 'short on words' and some subjects do require a bit more, must try harder (As my old headmaster used to say just prior to whacking me on the backside )
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Good afternoon

Hope Amber obliges you Moyra and uses her flap more often

Sad day Nippy for you both.

Good that the flooring is cheaper than June. If your ceiling is flat you can buy a long handled roller. I used one for the walls down the stairs - it did a good job.

Good luck hiding from the mem Gordon

Be over for some cauliflower cheese Brenda

Good afternoon Harvey.

Managed to get our walk done in the dry then went out for the monthly shop. Traffic horrendous - think there was an accident - so turned round and went into Eastbourne for some new front tyres. Shopping can wait for another day

Have a good day and stay safe.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Harvey, should the Mem really need me, she has a secret weapon which can be deployed with 100% certainty.
All she has to do is summon my old bitch Gypsy and by simply saying "Where's your Dad - Find him!" the old girl will set off and home in on me like some heat seeking missile. The Mem knowing this has only to follow Gypsy and my hiding place will be swiftly discovered!
So my retreat will be be neither as secret nor as secure as I would like to fancy.
Harvey there is nothing wrong with being short on words!
I was once told by a master that I would be better to
"Keep silent and be thought the fool rather than speak and prove people's suspicions correct!" in those days there was little positive encouragement.
Bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Lots of wall bashing going on at present as he's tiling underneath where the cupboard is going and needs to extend whats already there. Draws are in situ now
I think a lot of 'aggression' depends on what the dog was originally bred for, guarding breeds for instance are going to be a bit more on top of things than a breed that wasn't originally bred that way. Mine will (occasionally) bark at people who come to the door, but even that depends on which dog is in the house at the time. I have known them all bark if someone is around the back gate, but I think thats more territorial. As they are not famed for their guarding abilities then I don't expect them to guard. Allun, in fact, was amazed that I have 5 dogs and there's never any noise, but like I said to him they are different from 5 Shepherds in their general demeanour, behaviours and reactions
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Well don't know if she went she went to find the cats when I told her but suspect that she wouldn't oblige but she will have to wait until later. When I will take her out again. June, you certainly seem to be making progress there. LG hope you can lie low for a little while. Where's Griff today hope she is ok.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2015, 01:57 PM
At the moment she is in the routine of going in a specific place when you take her out, so you need to change her mindset so she knows to use her door to go out when the weather's bad or for some reason you can't get out.
One way of doing it (and it will go down like a brick duck with Steve) is to pick any poo up, but leave the wee where it is so she can smell she's been there once. When she's established in using that place then you start cleaning up after her.
Hoping Griff's OK as well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Afternoon all, I am o.k....well not right but there we are
Had a major panic earlier, 3of us sat in the living room and thank god the dogs were behind the gate...front door starts to open.....I had to climb over the gate, got to the door...lad there and he says...hi I am doing your plastering!!! I just stood there and went errr no, he said oooo have I got the wrong house? I said yes you want next door and you are so lucky as you could have lost a leg!!!! To be honest, I was relieved the dogs were behind the gate as he would have let them out and they could have been hurt, best bit is my porch and house looks nothing like next door and you have to go up 3steps to get to their house and one for mine....he has been here before and done the same thing and that was a couple of weeks ago....people are so thick!!;
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Ooooh! Griff - oddballs poking their heads into your home! Hope it was a simple mistake - I don't like coincidences and the fact that the creature has done it twice - rather grates with me. Bit of luck it'll just be a case of the stupids!
He'd need a medal if he did that at our place - cos if you wanted to keep mine behind a gate it'd have to be 6 foot at least. Fagin hasn't eaten a plasterer before - he'd give it a go though - I'm sure! LOL !
See you later, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2015, 03:51 PM
I would muchly like to borrow Fagin, my old dog she would chomp people, this pair I don't think so but did make sure he knew he was close to being bitten. Just had to buy kota a new coat, the other one has teeth marks in from yesterday
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

As Nippy has told me I am often very 'short on words' and some subjects do require a bit more, must try harder (As my old headmaster used to say just prior to whacking me on the backside )
Oooops did I say that sorry Losos
Griffiths, that was a bit of a worry!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >