16-03-2013, 10:10 AM
So sorry I missed this....

Hope everything goes well and Roxy continues to make good progress
xxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Roxy is just so beautiful - look at her there with her bright shining eyes and coat, and just a tiny bandage. Given what the original operation wound looked like, she has done so very well.

As to the honey, I really am astounded by it's healing properties. One word of warning though, if you decide to buy a jar of the stuff to keep for future use, make sure that it is not above 14+...............I made a huge mistake thinking that the higher the + the better, and in fact that is not true at all; if it is too high then it is way too strong and can cause discomfort. The vet tubes are good, but once the seal is broken they have to be used quite quickly so can work out rather expensive. Anyway, that's by the by!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 07:40 PM
And so it continues....another vet visit, another Roxy update.....it's never ending.

Anyway, it's more or less still good news and she's still healing well.

Felipe was held back so we got Rui again instead who we've seen before. He's very nice as well though so don't mind. He was really pleased with the progress of the wound, so we've to continue with the the daily honey dressings.

He phoned earlier on tonight with the swab results - they show a staphylococcus growth and, whilst usually present, can cause problems in open wounds if it gets out of control. He said there is something else as well but I can't remember what it was, will ask on Thursday when we're back.

To collect anti-biotics from my own vet tomorrow morning and give as a precaution. Would hate to come this far and have set backs, so don't have a problem with the AB's and the vet feels we have to try and keep her healing the way she is.

Hopefully everything will be kept under control!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh you are so nearly there.........this must be so frustrating, but at least the vet was pleased with how things are going, and the ABs should sort out any infection that may be brewing.

Please give that beautiful dog a cuddle from me.
AlexJC
New Member!
Male 

22-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Once again thanks for keeping us updated. It so good to see that wound healing and I hope that staphyloccus thingy you mentioned doesn't cause any problems. She's such a lovely dog and so lucky to have an owner like you.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2013, 09:17 PM
All being well, Roxy's last appointment with her surgeon will be on Wednesday. Her wound is looking amazing an she is amazing within herself and enjoying her walks off lead now that her wound has more or less healed.

She also got her beloved ball back this week too. She is very pleased about that!

susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Great to hear that Roxy is continuing to make good progress - she looks so happy in the picture with her ball - legs in the air and tail wagging
She is one lucky girl to have such a caring mum.
Hugs to you both xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi Nicola Roxy is doing so well , it's lovely to see her almost back to normal
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Roxy had a lump aspirated on Monday and we got the results today - unfortunately it's another malignant Mast Cell Tumour. She has been clear for almost exactly a year.

Again, it's in an awkward place at the top of her elbow area so not easy to remove, so we've been referred to the Glasgow Vet School on Tuesday to see what our options are.

Devastated doesn't cover it.
Hi They can do so much now,so dont lose hope.keep us posted crystalgirl
Page 11 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »