register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sandra
Dogsey Junior

05-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I think I have tried every dog food on the market for the 'fussy little madam'. Currently on Pro Plan, it is small pieces and she is actually eating it, don't know for how long though.

I would love to feed Burns, have tried it twice but she just turns her nose up, I do give her naturediet which she will sometimes eat.

The Dally......well he will eat anything, including what she has left.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I don't feed any commercial food.
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

06-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Mine get raw tripe with wholemeal biscuit twice a day, I was adding a little Nature Diet and then OH came home with some doggy roast chicken which they loved and then they started turning their noses up at the Nature Diet so I have stopped that and they are back on plain tripe. Mine prefer the chicken Nature Diet which flavours to yours prefer.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Gus is on Royal canin hypoallergenic and Libby is on Burns Mini Bites although I am currently looking to swop both onto a raw diet
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2004, 05:26 PM
mine are on James wellbeloved Lamb and Bonnie is on Turkey Puppy as she is nursing , mine also like a bit of chicken and minced beef now and again
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Liver, giblets, chicken, steak, stew meat and other beef along with chick peas, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, other vegetables, rice, potatoes, occasionally pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, cold cuts occasionally. I feed Wellness now. I've been switching around foods. They eat very little kibble, mostly meat and vegetables.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Hmmm, there's nothing like that up here - the local attitude being "It's a dog, it eats dog food"!

Mine are doing well on simple canned dog food, although I tart it up with raw mince, vegetables or rice or wholemeal bread, fish and any suitable leftovers. To some, this may sound incorrect, but the little devils have won prizes on it, even if only in the local agricultural shows.

I have tried various kinds of "complete" food, but they just won't eat it. For a pair of dairy farm tinks, they are extremely picky!

Snorri
liberty
Dogsey Senior

06-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Hmmm, there's nothing like that up here - the local attitude being "It's a dog, it eats dog food"!

Mine are doing well on simple canned dog food, although I tart it up with raw mince, vegetables or rice or wholemeal bread, fish and any suitable leftovers. To some, this may sound incorrect, but the little devils have won prizes on it, even if only in the local agricultural shows.

I have tried various kinds of "complete" food, but they just won't eat it. For a pair of dairy farm tinks, they are extremely picky!

Snorri
Snorri, i am assured byolder folk, that during the war, dogs were fed on table scraps, and anything the butcher had going, and they all seemed (the dogs, not the butcher ) live to a ripe old age.

If it suits your dog, then it a'int broke, so don't fix it

libs
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Barbara, I fed Wellness for over a year and had great results with it. Since moving to Hawaii though I have trouble getting it since it is only sold in one pet store here and they run out all the time. So, I have forced to switch to Nutro Max Natural Blend for large breed. They are on their third day with it and so far so good. Have you tried that one and if so, how did your dogs do on it?
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2004, 05:27 AM
I had Tigger on Nutro, but then I read here somewhere here that it was one of the worst. To be honest, my dogs eat more meat and vegetables than dog food, so they've never had a problem with any dog food and they have shiny coats. I just switch around to try everything
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >