Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DukeTheDog
New Member!
Male 

28-12-2016, 09:45 PM

Dog chewed off scab

Okay, so today is the 7th day of my dog's neutering recovery. We let him off the cone because he has been pretty good about not showing interest in his incision site.
well we walked in on him chewing and licking his incision site and noticed he took out the scab. Fortunately it's not bleeding or anything but I do see some red.

I have a vet appointment tomorrow morning but we are mostly concerned right now and want to hear your thoughts on it. I took a picture.

if image doesn't show: http://imgur.com/a/EChww
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about this. It is healing nicely, but may have been starting to itch. If you think he is going to nibble at it and make it bleed, you could replace the collar for another couple of days.
DukeTheDog
New Member!
Male 

31-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to update this just in case someone finds it on google or something.

I just did a follow up vet visit just to see how things were going. The vet said it looked like it was bruised from the neuter procedure and she didn't seem concerned about how it looked. So that's a good thing.

thank you for your reply. it eased my concern that night.