Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 10:32 AM

School

My son is starting school in September We have just had through his acceptance to the school we applied for. I never had any worries there as it's a very small, rural school and he already attends nursery there. There are only 6 children in each class and he is currently mixed in with the reception class while in nursery. Because it's so small, they get to do quite a lot of things that others don't, and they learn to look after each other. Very pleased with it.

The big thing is that I can't believe he is nearly going to school Where has my baby gone

If there are any other parents out there, I hope you managed to get them into your first choice!

Helen
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Aw lovely news, the school sounds perfect! What small classes wow!

No school but nursery here in September Rowan will be 10 months old - absolutely dreading it! No idea which nursery or where because we have to make the move from Cheshire to Yorkshire first, argh!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 11:32 AM
My sister went back to work when her daughter was 1 year and she just walked in and had no problems whatsoever. She enjoyed it from the word go. She was incredibly worried as she did have a few problems with her son, who is now loving school and hasn't looked back.

I'm sure you will both be fine Are you planning on being in Yorkshire before September?

Helen
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Cherish it all as it goes so fast.....It does not seem long since my first was starting school and now we are on to university applications!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Aw bless you. I remember it well. My daughter started in reception in 2010 and I found it so hard, even though she didn't. It wasn't our first choice of school and we weren't very happy with it after a while but in 2011 she got offered a place in year 1 at our first choice school and she's settled in really well and loves it.

I still miss her though.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I much prefer small schools - however unfortunately the ones locally to us are huge! Best place I worked was a 67 pupil school out in the middle of Derbyshire - was even better in that if your staplegun had been "borrowed" there were only ever three rooms it could be in to track it down!

As for first days - friend got really stressed about her little girl starting... little girl breezed into the classroom on the first day, turned around and told mum to go home and make herself a cup of tea and then wandered off and left her!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Cherish it all as it goes so fast.....It does not seem long since my first was starting school and now we are on to university applications!
lol I can't believe how fast the first 4 years have gone!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw bless you. I remember it well. My daughter started in reception in 2010 and I found it so hard, even though she didn't. It wasn't our first choice of school and we weren't very happy with it after a while but in 2011 she got offered a place in year 1 at our first choice school and she's settled in really well and loves it.

I still miss her though.
My mum's neighbour was upset as she hadn't got into her first choice, but her third, and another neighbour didn't get into any of her choices and has been placed at a RC school.

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I much prefer small schools - however unfortunately the ones locally to us are huge! Best place I worked was a 67 pupil school out in the middle of Derbyshire - was even better in that if your staplegun had been "borrowed" there were only ever three rooms it could be in to track it down!
lol, sounds like the one here. I was a bit unsure about it before he went to nursery there as OH went to a really small school and said it was a shock when he went to secondary school. Sam as been in nursery since last September and I think I've had 2 mornings where he kicked off and didn't want to stay, but that was only because he had seen his friend do it and he was taken home - not something I would do anyway so he soon learnt not to try it on lol.

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
As for first days - friend got really stressed about her little girl starting... little girl breezed into the classroom on the first day, turned around and told mum to go home and make herself a cup of tea and then wandered off and left her!
lol, I hear that happening a lot lol.

Helen