Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Mia is just champion

Yesterday I was taking my two offlead for a walk to get to the river for a nice swim (them not me)

It is a walk I often take, it a closed off lane with fields and woodlands either side

But 1/2 way along I noticed that the farmer had put sheep in the field next to the road!!
we had been walking alongside a field with sheep - and Mia just didnt care, she had a look, she had a sniff and she just trotted on ignoring them

what a good girl

(of course I wouldnt have her offlead in a field of sheep and I dont know how she would have been if they were right close to the fence - but its a big step!!)

and of course trained without a single punishment
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Well done Mia! A very good girl
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Very well done....a lesson to us all that training with kindness is better than cruelty
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Well done Mia! A very good girl
Thank you I am so happy with her

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Very well done....a lesson to us all that training with kindness is better than cruelty
Thanks I never intended her to be offlead so close to sheep but I was trying to desensitise her to them
Just shows tho how important it can be because you can not be 100% sure there are not animals in strange places

deff gotta work on horses now cos I have no idea how she will be if we met one of them on the path!!