Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 07:16 AM

Wednesday 31st January 2024

Morning all. Bit on the chilly side today so I hope you all get some sun to brighten your day. I didn't realise until I heard the news that it is the Olympics this year held in gay Paree. I will hopefully watch some of the fencing and of course any horse events. Anyway nothing has changed much again here. Hope you all have an uneventful day. Hugs to all of you that needs them. Words for today:Kyrie and Azoic
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2024, 08:15 AM
Irishman tried to enter the olympic games with a roll of barbed wire. When stopped at the entrance and asked which event he was competing in he replied "Fencing"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2024, 09:47 AM
Morning brenda, Barry and all to follow.
Just put some washing out the sun is shining and there is a lovely breeze, but my goodness is it cold.
Off out to meet Elaine later looking forward to our 3+ hour chat and coffee and cake.

brenda I hope things soon turn around for you for the better.
Sue as always hoping you had a restful day yesterday and the school run wasn't/isn't too hectic today.
Chris I hope you have managed to get a Dr's appointment.
griff hoping Steve has remembered to message you to let you know Molly is ok.
Kazz work or not have a lovely day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 10:16 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you have a restful day Bfenda
\Hugs to you and Gorden Lynn and hopefully your year will only get better and better from now on. Enjoy your coffee and cake later

Overcast and chilly here but have managed to cut back couple of bushes and walk Teazle. No duty again today so taking the opportunity to go out for lunch and also do a bit os shopping whilst out.

Take care everyne
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 01:43 PM
Good afternoon all

Earlier trip out this morning and boy was it cold.

Yes, I did finally manage to get a doctor's appointment. The verdict is vertigo which I suspected and gave me some tablets to clear it. She asked why on Earth I hadn't booked an appointment earlier
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 02:11 PM
Chris can I ask did you get given prochlorperazine? Hope what ever has been given works for you. Northing worse than feeling dizzy etc. Lynn sadly my friend Margaret only gets here to spend around 1.5 hours as the buses don't run after 6pm back to where she lives. Hope you have a lovely time. Sue yep chilly here to. Here's another word; Kagu fascinating.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon all

Had a nice day albeit a chilly one when out and about. Had another nice walk today topped up with petrol and now home safe and getting warmer LOL

I hear there is snow in the offing and another storm has been named we are into I now.

Work tomorrow and Friday and the weekend off plans for Sat up in the air but Sunday hope to get to the allotment with the group.

Chris Hope the medication works for you a friend of mine Lynn suffers badly when she gets it she says she has to hold onto the sides of the matress to stop herself falling off thats what it feels like. Ugghhhy feeling by the sounds of it. Hope the medication works for you.

Sue What a nice thing to have a day to yourself, hope you have a lovely lunch out what will you choose?

Lynn "Hugs" to you and Gorden hopefully the year will go well now you have the caravan to look forward to and the Spring Summer trips out. Hope you are enjoying your coffee and chat with Elaine.

Brenda Well where have I been under a brick I did not realise this was Olympic year - Thank you for that information. I will happily watch the olympics I to like the riding events and also the field vents I used to do discus at school I like the highjump as well in fact most of the sports are watchable.

Griff How are you today and is Steve keeping up with the texting for Molly?

Right bit of dinner to be sorted Steak with mushroom coucous and a few potato wedges.

Catch you all later have fun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2024, 07:31 PM
Evening everyone.
Had a lovely time with Elaine as per usual tears and laughter and lots of hugs.
She says hello to all who remember her.

Chris Gorden used to suffer with vertigo then one day it disappeared as quickly as it arrived.
He used to take stemetil.
He used to suffer terribly with migraines before vertigo not sure if they are at all connected.
Ironic your doctor saying why on earth hadn't you made an appointment earlier, not like you didn't try.
Sue glad you had a day to yourself again.
Another storm Kazz how many is that in the first month of the year ?
brenda a shame Margaret cannot stay longer.

I am hoping all our sad news is now over.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 08:38 PM
Evening all
Chris, I do hope you told the Dr you had tried repeatedly...mind you, I guess there's too many patients and not enough doctors
Brenda, it's a shame you don't have anything like we have her, it's an in demand service, I get picked up at the top of my road and they will take me wherever I want, Steve's, Costco etc and it costs about £3.each way.
Lynn, I took hope your sad news is over.
Sue, hope you had a lovely lunch
Kazz, yes, Steve has been messaging me, I ran into him today in town...a tad awkward. He asked after Kota and was glad she was going to be o.k
Bought myself a new security light....such an exiting life lol, it's extroidanarily bright and I looooooooove it lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2024, 10:47 PM
They are the ones Brenda. Taken two so far and they seem to be making it worse. I'll take them tomorrow and see how it goes, but not looking promising so far