View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Pretty much as has been said.... the thing that stands out for me is the way that you can be having a pretty heated debate in one thread, while laughing and joking in another, with the same people. I think that is very unique and is a credit to not only the people here for respecting other peoples differing opinions, but also to the way Dogsey is run and the way arguments are quickly resolved without taking away peoples right to argue their corner, sensitive strong leadership.
Also have to mention the picture section... it's fantastic to look at other peoples dogs, watch them grow up and from that you feel like you know them.
Also the vast range of topics, from the sad to the serious to the downright crazy and funny...

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
the thing that makes this site stand out from the rest is we aren't just members we are friends.
also the fact people understand how worried or painful it is when you own a dog with problems and want to know how they are going,they genuinely care as if its 1 of their own.
i think it makes us feel that we aren't alone and we understand how the other member is feeling.
theres always some one around who will help and listen when needed and you don't get the family feeling on a lot of site.
it not just dogs its what ever is the problem you have although the dogs and our love for them link us together.
no breed is turned away or looked down on which shows it is a site of true dog lovers.

we laugh together we share each others pain and sorrows and always there for support when needed.
how ever the site changes with time the board will always remain the same providing the members remain the same which will attract more people.
i don't feel like i own just 2 dogs or 2 leo's i feel i know and care about so many different dogs through this site and my friends, it just a shame i can't get a cuddle of them all.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Whatever you are going through someone has usually been there before you, or knows someone who has, and can give constructive advice which is better than any book or 'theory'.

Then there's the learning from other people and their dogs, learning about different breeds, always having friends nearby, all the wonderful pictures.

Basically there's topics on allsorts, even photography, so there is always something to keep you interested, even if your just popping in for a laugh or to cheer yourself up.

There is very little bad feeling and/or bitterness between members.

You can share your good news, your problems, anything, even if it isn't about dogs.

Only ever been on one group that comes to close to/betters this one, I met some very good friends there but that shut down a long time ago. Some members still on here though! Although it was only a tiny little simple group compared to this one it didn't matter. The layout, the look, the design, doesn't really matter. It was the feeling you 'knew' the members, and that they were your friends, as many of us do here.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh and eveyone 'understands' each other, when sometimes in 'real life' you don't ever meet so many 'doggy' people. I know in the position I am now, as much as I love my family and friends, the majority seem to think "it's only a dog".

For instance, when i'm really happy that Maddy didn't bark at a strange dog on her walk, I will tell EVERYONE as I am so proud of her progress, yet a look of 'so what' always seems consume their faces. And they get sick of me going on about dogs and shows and all that jargon!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh and eveyone 'understands' each other, when sometimes in 'real life' you don't ever meet so many 'doggy' people. I know in the position I am now, as much as I love my family and friends, the majority seem to think "it's only a dog".

For instance, when i'm really happy that Maddy didn't bark at a strange dog on her walk, I will tell EVERYONE as I am so proud of her progress, yet a look of 'so what' always seems consume their faces. And they get sick of me going on about dogs and shows and all that jargon!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Does anyone ever wonder when your walking out with your dogs if they venture on here? I tend to look at other people's dogs more scrupulously wondering if I may live close to another dogsey member.................................
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Maybe we'll have to start wearing Dogsey decals when we walk
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
Maybe we'll have to start wearing Dogsey decals when we walk
Either that or get our Dogsey merchandise and/or our Dogsey shop
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Either that or get our Dogsey merchandise and/or our Dogsey shop
I think so, there was talk of a dogsey t-shirt (when it was dogweb), I was thinkin bumber stickers too
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I think so, there was talk of a dogsey t-shirt (when it was dogweb), I was thinkin bumber stickers too
And golf umbarellas... no end to what ya could do eh
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >