Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 09:39 AM

Awful sight

Yesterday, when we coming back from the stables, we were walking alomg the river, and i had the dogs off the lead, they were jumping in and out as it was a really hot day. When Florrie dissapeared off, i was whistling for her frantically, and she didnt come back (again) so i stood there for a mminute, and then Polly went over to where she was, and i decided to go see what they were loooking at, but they had gone off the track, and dissapeared down this driveway that lead to this big house, this was the first time they had ever left the woods without me, now they had ran into the orchard of this hosue, and were barking at somnething, and then i saw it, a beutiful irish setter puppy, but she was sooooooo skinny, and chained up to a cart.
So i decided to go and ask the lady whom owned the house, if she knew who this dog belonged too.
Now i wont give you the gory details of our conversation, but basically she said the dog kept running away, so she chained her up, and the dog wouldnt do it again if she eased off feeding her.
This has disgusted me completely, i hate the human race, and this is a so called Kennel club approved Irish setter breeder, but she keeps her kennels off somewhere in Rugby, or there about.
Just proves what i said about KC registering, but what a horrible thing for a human to do!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Thats disgusting, I would be on to the R.S.P.C.A. like a shot if it was me. The poor dog - people like this need shooting in my opinion!
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree foxy!! Luke you should definatley report this.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
Just proves what i said about KC registering,
Could you clarify the point you are trying to make? I agree that it is a distressing situation, but I fail to see what KC registration has to do with anything.

Contact the local dog warden or RSPCA, they should be able to investigate the problem.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 09:57 AM
ok i myself am not personally a big kennel club, but thats because of the standards! luke that dog being tied up has nothing to do with the kennel club! this poor dog!

you should really ring the rspca!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

30-05-2005, 09:58 AM
this is a case of cruelty and you should report it to the RSPCA - but this has nothing to do with KC Registering
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:07 AM
aww that is so sad some people are so cruel to animals they dont deserve to own any animal of any kind nasty woman
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I didnt say it was, the point i was trying to get across was that some people whom breed KC registered dogs, treat them like machines to produce the next champions, which they usually never do! And hayley, i have the same issues with the kenel club as u do.
Anyway, on the reporting front, its already done, rang them as soon as i got in yesterday, they still havent been though, because when i was walking the dogs this morning i couldnt help looking, and she was still there, but the worst thing is, that she seems to be pregnant, my parents bred dogs as u know, and when i described the setters appearence, my other said she sounded quite far along! Poor little girl, i have allways had a soft spot for Irish setters too, it is soooooooooooooooooo sad~
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
I didnt say it was, the point i was trying to get across was that some people whom breed KC registered dogs, treat them like machines to produce the next champions, which they usually never do! And hayley, i have the same issues with the kenel club as u do.
Anyway, on the reporting front, its already done, rang them as soon as i got in yesterday, they still havent been though, because when i was walking the dogs this morning i couldnt help looking, and she was still there, but the worst thing is, that she seems to be pregnant, my parents bred dogs as u know, and when i described the setters appearence, my other said she sounded quite far along! Poor little girl, i have allways had a soft spot for Irish setters too, it is soooooooooooooooooo sad~

I would ring them again and again and again until they get fed up of me ringing them and get off their backsides and actually do something. Wheres Rolf Harris when you need him If the tv cameras were around the RSPCA would be there like a shot.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:04 AM
so agree foxy!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >