View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I love your reply awesome, us girls do have tanasity don't we lol and I agree they do make us do exercise as we feel guilty if we don't. Its looking much like rain so am going to have to make a move soon if am to get her out, thanks again.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Dog Aid sounds brilliant.
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks will hit the internet to see what I can find out about these Dog aids. And if there are any close to where I live.
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Twitter away lass am here to listen thanks, what forums did you visit about this subject?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by charliegirl1 View Post
Hi Malka,
The scooter is a Victory Pride and sadly I bought it second hand its pretty much dropping to bits but it goes okay, the lights are taped up but otherwise its in good nick and runs pretty good. No actually I bought it through an advisement on my local gumtree site. Cant afford a better quality one or at least not at this time. That is precisely why I got my scooter to ensure if my mobility wasn't up to scratch I could still take her out. Im considering taking my own advice and taking her up to the bigger field later today and see how we get on, will let you know. Thanks again.
I see what you mean - the front wheels are not fully covered by the footrest/platform nor are the back wheels fully covered [I am looking at pictures and specifications of the latest Pride Victory scooter], and being second-hand it probably cannot reach the maximum quoted speed of just over 5mph, which might explain why your dog does not think it is fast enough!

Do you have the four-wheel or three-wheel version? I cannot see anywhere on the frame on either that would be safe to attach a lead.

To be honest I would not fancy taking a dog out on a small scooter like that, which is why I got the one I have. The Silver Monster did not get his name for nothing - he is a very large powerful scooter, but then again I have been using a mobility scooter for about 15 years now!

I will not take Pereg out with either my small pavement scooter, or my electric wheelchair.
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Smokeybear I will check these sites out and get back to you, thanks again.
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I have the four wheeled version and I agree I don't think it does go its full speed. I got it to try out as my mobility will probably get worse as I get older and I really thought start with one I can get used to before forking out a lot of money on a one before I need to use it full time however now I think I should have bought a better quality one. Yes your monster looks fab the one I have my eyes on is a TGA Breeze 4 with solid canopy like yours around £6000 brand new, now that little beauty could make my hair curl ha ha and certainly give my little dog a run.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Perhaps check out the links and any related help forums before making any decision as to where (or even if) you will be 'attaching the lead to the frame'.
charliegirl1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I love your humour it isnt unlike my own but mine isnt appreciated well certainly not from my kids, even though there humour leaves me scratching my head, oh well enough of that. I laughed at first when you said I must first teach her to heel, eh shes 8 years old now and heel isnt in her vocabulary, maybe its me they need to train not my intelligent little dog.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Just seen something on eBay a lot cheaper than on the mobility websites

If you put Wheelchair Dog Walking into their search it will come up.

But, as said before, I think the training to walk alongside should come before the decision what to use to attach to the dog.

Also just reading that some do use a 'rigid' thing to keep the dog a certain distance away until they get used to walking that distance.

Also that dogs apparently find it more natural to walk on the left of you? Some of this is so unfathomable!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >