Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I sent an email, not heard back yet..........
oooooohhhh, keep us posted please!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
oooooohhhh, keep us posted please!

One of the reasons I emailed was so I could cut and paste the answer!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
The op's post mentioned the man was walking with a stick and he said he was exempt from picking up after his dog. Dependent on why he is walking with a stick, he may well be exempt under the Act?

However the dog was off-lead so I'm assuming that he isn't exempt from leash laws which may well be in place in the area?
The policewoman I spoke to said it was not the law that you had to have your dog leashed, she was surprised by this as she thought it was the case but went on some course 3 months ago when she learnt this was not the case. She said the dog had to be "under control".
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
that and possibly a dog out of control since its well ahead and in someones garden?

Though this could be argued that he felt that was enough control....no one felt threatened....
Sorry-perhaps didn't explain well enough where it happened. Was on a large grassy bit near the pavement which was outside someone's house. People here tend to leave the cars parked on the grassy bit then get our and walk to their front gates (a few feet away) if they don't leave their cars parked in their front gardens. Therefore where his dog pooped it was quite likely that someone getting out of their car would have stood in it and taken it indoors.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Used to be the law under the RTA 1988, however since the revision in 1991 this has disappeared.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
ah, so not actually in someones garden, more like a 'green space' but not a park?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
ah, so not actually in someones garden, more like a 'green space' but not a park?
Yes-that's right. I'm getting worried now that he actually WAS right in saying he was exempt from clearing up after his dog-from what some people say on here. That's not what the police or the dog warden's representative said to me yesterday though.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh, that sounds horrible. I hate situations like that!

I had one recently with Robyn (GSDlover4ever) when we were out with the dogs. A guy with a walking stick (funnily enough!) started shouting and swearing at us, coz we weren't walking fast enough down the path he was wanting to walk up. He went crazy, and told us to go gas ourselves, then threatened to hit us with his walking stick and actually took at step forward and lifted his stick like he was going to! Then said I would end up with a bloody face It was pretty scary, and I called the police. I know there wasn't a lot they could do coz I have no idea who this guy is, but I could describe him and his dog so if there is another incident, they could maybe know if it is the same guy.

It isn't nice to be verbally shouted at...
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Exempt from clearing it up? Well, that's a new one on me!! What a rude, ignorant bully - bet if you'd been a big bloke he wouldn't have taken the same attitude with you.

People like him make my blood boil. You did right reporting him.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Still not had a reply from Doncaster Council but their automated response says allow 3 days.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >