Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Wilma & the dreaded puppy uglies!

Now Pomeranian's are regarded and noted for their lush and profuse coat, it's a trademark, but to get to that they go through something where..no matter how cute they are, and how sweet, every owner dreads.."the puppy uglies" Where they moult the profuse puppy coat out to make way for the adult coat to grow through, some are hit alarmingly bad like Ronnie who looked like a shorthaired chi x for MONTHS-that tends to be a sign they wont have the best coat in the world, though his is infact coming through really well as he's growing older despite being a slight oversize. And some just look a bit sparse and "funny", Wilma is shaping up to be one of these, so excuse the odd tufts of hair-it's normal!
Following her pupdate I promised some pictures, she's coming on nicely. She should end up a lot "typier" than Ronnie, and the correct size, with nice ears too as although they seem a bit batty right now they have a good setting and she carries them well, so as her head fills out she should come just right. I think I may be onto a diamond in the making with her and the breeders overjoyed, she did a slight outcross to the Warleggen lines of poms to bring in a heavier set typiness as had a few pups getting slightly too large from the old lines in her dogs which of some ended up in kleins in the split, but yes all the blue blood crap out the way She's the naughtiest puppy ever, and never stops...not even to go to the toilet!

Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Awwww,she is so cute

She ain't norty how can she be with a face like that LOL!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh if only you knew!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Such a cutie....and so innocent
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 04:19 PM
thankyou, but alas she is not!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
She may be a puppy ugly to you,but I think she is cuteness personified!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Naughty? Never! Not with a face that angelic, surely?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 04:31 PM
thankyou both
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
She's got a lovely head and the ears look about right for her age. I don't think any of the germanic spitz family have an off switch...

I think she's a while to go before she gets truly fugly... Hope (11 months) has just had her first season and coat is dropping like mad - expecting the truly ugly hide in a cupboard stage in about 8 weeks
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks Kate, she's doing quite well just starting the awkward looking phase! Yes I think she's got a lot to come, but I can tell its starting as im noticing more coat coming out with every brush/touch, so she'll be looking like the love child of a monkey and a lion within no time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >