Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Crufts happenings

Hi Folks Well I have not yet recovered from Saturday. First of all I'll get the bad news out of the way. We got flung out with both boys. I think had a lady been handling instead of my O/h we might have done better as the Judge seemed to have an eye for the ladies (the human one's not the doggy one's ) Now that is out of the way can go on to nicer happenings. First of all Anne staff came to visit what a nice person she is and the boys just loved the fuss she made of them, Thank you so much Anne really enjoyed meeting you and having your company. Hope you enjoyed it too. Hope also you had a good trip and the visit to your mum in Leeds went well and you have a safe journey home on Tuesday.We also met up with my friend Angie who bred the boys plus loads of other friends who we only see at shows a few times in the year so it was nice to catch up. Also met up with Shona (Dougie Pitt) again a really nice person and it was just so great to be able to put faces to names. Anne and Shona accompanied me at different times to the WelikeArt Stand and we really enjoyed seeing all the goodies on display. I should also like to say a big thank you to Debs and Helen two really nice ladies who made us most welcome and a very special Thank you to Debs for doing such a great job of my painting of Rye and Pellow. Border Dawn the oil painting of your little one is really super, sorry I did not get along to Discover Dogs, the time just flew by.

We stayed overnight at Amerton in Staffs and set off late Sunday morning to head North stopping on the way to visit my daughter and her partner in Carlisle, where we got another lovely surprise. About a couple of months ago I was at a show in Carlisle which my daughter came along to watch the judging and there was a photographer there who took pics of the boys. There were about 10 or 12 to pick from and I picked out three, but unknown to us Nicola, our daughter, asked him to turn one of them into a mock and beautifully framed painting of the two boys and she gave it to us on Sunday as an early Mothers day/Fathers day present, nice to have such a kind and thoughtful daughter. It is really nice. So between the oil painting that Debs did and the one from my daughter as a gift, think we shall have to move to a house with much bigger rooms to be able to show them off to full advantage.

Apologies as I can't promise you any pics as when I tried to upload them lots of problems. Perhaps when I fully recover I shall be able to get it to work, if not guys sorry.

Though we got flung out we have still come home with what to us are the two best dogs and after all it is only one Judge's opinion.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Glad you had a nice time... that makes you a winner as far as I'm concerned
But yer in big trouble about the pics... better get downloadin or we'll send the pic police round
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Shame your judge needed glasses too!

But glad you too had a lovely day - would love some piccies when you recover fully!

What a lovely surprise from your daughter - that is just wonderful - I would so love something like that - better start hinting to OH and kids!

Hugs and cuddles to the boys - we think you are the best from me and the Setter crew! in West Sussex

xxx
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh Lovezois - your remark about the judge preferring lady exhibitors reminded me of a time long gone now when most of the female exhibitors wore skirts, and on this occasion one of the young ladies had a wide 'ladder' in her stocking running right up to the top ( well I assume so) and the male judge was far more interested in the exhibitor's legs than the dog she was showing, Surprise, Surprise,she won the class !!

Glad you enjoyed your day, and hope you don't take too long to recover from it all Kath
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry to have missed you Eunice, your painting was beautiful.
Dawn.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm glad you had a lovely time, albeit a shame about the boys not getting placed. Giddy and I obviously know all about that too

What a lovely suprise from your daughter, you'll have to take some photos of that pressie and the welikeart painting, (I'm so cross that I couldn't find their stand, simply ran out of time in the end).

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the boys if you manage to get them sorted.

Big hugs to the boys from the "chucked out at Crufts Squad"

Sheree & Co. x
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 02:33 AM
I don't understand it. I've been drooling over your boys since I first got to Dogsey. Tsk tsk. In any event, it was an honor just to be there.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks Ian. So sorry about the pics. If there's a loud knock on my door Iill not open it incase its the Pictures Police LOL
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-03-2007, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Kath;949982]Oh Lovezois - your remark about the judge preferring lady exhibitors reminded me of a time long gone now when most of the female exhibitors wore skirts, and on this occasion one of the young ladies had a wide 'ladder' in her stocking running right up to the top ( well I assume so) and the male judge was far more interested in the exhibitor's legs than the dog she was showing, Surprise, Surprise,she won the class !!

That was just about it Kath, he was taking some tof the Lady exhibitors by the hand and the lady standing beside my o/h made a comment that don't know why he's taking her by the hand she's old enough to be his mother - I had to laughat that as she must have been in her dottage, as the judge was no spring chicken LOL

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Sorry to have missed you Eunice, your painting was beautiful.
Dawn.
Thanks Dawn and so was yours, Maybe next year we can meet up.

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm glad you had a lovely time, albeit a shame about the boys not getting placed. Giddy and I obviously know all about that too

What a lovely suprise from your daughter, you'll have to take some photos of that pressie and the welikeart painting, (I'm so cross that I couldn't find their stand, simply ran out of time in the end).

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the boys if you manage to get them sorted.

Big hugs to the boys from the "chucked out at Crufts Squad"

Sheree & Co. x
Hi Sheree and her Gang Us chucked out folks must all stick together. Thanks for your comments, I will take pics of the painting that Welikeart did and the one my daughter got us, when I get my camera and myself sorted out Kisses and hugs to all and a special comforting hug to Giddy.

Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I don't understand it. I've been drooling over your boys since I first got to Dogsey. Tsk tsk. In any event, it was an honor just to be there.
Must say I have to agree with you I def took the nicest dogs home . Thanks so much and the boys send their love.

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Shame your judge needed glasses too!

But glad you too had a lovely day - would love some piccies when you recover fully!

What a lovely surprise from your daughter - that is just wonderful - I would so love something like that - better start hinting to OH and kids!

Hugs and cuddles to the boys - we think you are the best from me and the Setter crew! in West Sussex

xxx
Hi Rachel I've put on an appointment for the judge to have his eyes tested

Yes it was really nice of Nicola and we both love our surprise. Hope your hints to your O/h and the kids works. finger crossed it does.

My Gang reciprocate the hugs and cuddles to your setter crew.

Eunice xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry your beautiful boys didn't get placed, but there is always a next time and I'm sure they will be back in the cards once again very soon, with a judge who has taste!:smt002

Glad you went and enjoyed yourself, so richly deserved. Bet Ludmilla was absolutely spoiled at home! What a lovely present and so thoughtful, you must be thrilled with your paintings, you must post pics of them both!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >