register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

13-05-2004, 01:04 PM

Please look and read (puppy farms / puppy mills)

http://www.puppywatch.org.uk
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Sickening. I couldn't even read through the whole site :smt022
moo
Dogsey Senior

13-05-2004, 01:12 PM
that is bloody discusting, poor little thing, the person running that place should be shot
Bon
Almost a Veteran

13-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Good god that is heartbreaking. poor dear Daisy and all the other poor souls. Puppy millers are the scum of the earth, fleshpeddlers is what I call the fucking bastards. Sorry but I hate every one of them.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't understand how they get away with it. There was a big scandal a few years back where some Amish people were found to be puppymillers keeping animals in deplorable conditions. The ironic part is that the Amish (for those that don't know) are supposed to be very pious people. They don't use electric or modern day conveniences, and they supposedly abhor money. :smt018 In Pennyslvania they are still riding around in horse and buggies.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

13-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh yes I remember reading about that seeing the under cover photo's. I was horrified because I have always thought of the Amish as good people and as you said Barbara they are not supposed to have much use for money.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I think Dateline, Primetime, or one of those shows did an expo on it. Sick.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 09:02 PM
:smt021

nauseating.....

Those poor poor dogs, will it ever be stopped?!
I think whatever we do, wont be enough, people will always abuse and neglect animals, because unfortnatly the world is full of money hungry twats like puppy farmers
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Barbara
I don't understand how they get away with it. There was a big scandal a few years back where some Amish people were found to be puppymillers keeping animals in deplorable conditions. The ironic part is that the Amish (for those that don't know) are supposed to be very pious people. They don't use electric or modern day conveniences, and they supposedly abhor money. :smt018 In Pennyslvania they are still riding around in horse and buggies.
As I understand it, the Amish live by religious tenets which were in force about 300 years ago - amongst which was the belief that Mankind was "given dominion over animals", so, in their view, giving animals the "rights" that we do today would be "unGodly".

I don't offer this as an excuse in any way, but as a possible explanation. Personally, I think that any religion can act as an umbrella to things we'd rather not have going on - which is why I subscribe to none. However, I do think that it's not a proper subject for a dog message board, as I have no desire to see arguments erupting about religion!

Snorri
liberty
Dogsey Senior

20-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Good point Snorri Let's stick to the other subjects usually disscussed on here such as s**

liberty
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >