View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 07:15 AM
I have an all in one gencon and find it useful for times when I need extra control. I tried a halti but my dog managed to wriggle out of it. She has never managed to remove the gencon even when she has really tried! And it has never ridden up across her eyes as the halti tends to do.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Looks to me like a combination of a halti and a choke collar..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Lots of agility people use them to great effect.

It worked better than any other head copllar on Celt (my mothers BC) but he hated it - he is now on an Premier easy walk harness and walks beautifully.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 07:57 PM
thanks for the replys everyone. i think i will give it a go, my dog wears a halti at the minute but when he pulls to get to another dog it goes into his eyes. does anyone know where i can get them from? or do i have to order off the net?
also duke normally carries his big ball on a rope when walking, im assuming he will still be able to with this on?
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=munchkin;1586656]Sorry forgot to say
The difference is you lead from the back of the neck with the Gencom and from under the chin with a Halti type.[/QUOTE

thanks, do you still have control of the head then? can i turn his head away when he goes at another dog?
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 08:01 PM
You can find the website if you type in gencon but you need to order by post with a cheque.
And yes he will be able to carry his ball - in that way it's no different from a halti.
munchkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2009, 09:13 PM
With regards to pulling towards another dog, you don't have quite the same control at being able to quickly pull the muzzle round but she should not be able to pull towards the other dogs.

I got mine from my agility club. You can get them on Ebay or direct from the website. I paid £13 for mine, they come in a variety of colours. Best lead I have ever bought.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
has anybody used this headcollar? what are your thoughts, was it any good compared to halti etc
thanks
Yes, they are very good. MUCH easier to fit than halti's or gentle leaders. very effective also.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I tried one and hated it. Everytime there was any tension in the lead Ollie was making ghastly choking noises because it was pressing on his throat. We decided that the halti slipping across his eyes occasionally was far better.
munchkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2009, 08:59 PM
If my dog tries to pull on it too hard, she too makes grunting noises. It doesn't harm them, they soon learn that it is more comfortable not to pull and walk nicely. It is the same principle as a be nice or parelli halter for a horse. They learn that not pulling is more comfy for them and pulling only puts pressure on their face.

Hope this helps.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >