Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:21 AM

Connor (Gordon Setter) - Crufts and the following day PIC HEAVY

Thought would share pics of Connor at Crufts and then on the walk the next morning - oh how quickly can that well groomed boy become muddy

In the ring being judged.

Chilling whilst waiting for the others to be judged He is such a laid back chilled character but can turn on the excitement in a second!

Outside

And the next morning

Admiring the view !

Is that mud on your nose already

Lovely and wet

Enjoyed his walk I think

Sorry for the pic overload.

p.s. the bulldogs I took Ken to meet

The nearest is a six month old bitch - isn't she big!!!

They had worn themselves out earlier so he got to just see them sleep!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Aww....lovely pictures - thanks for sharing
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Awww all your hard work!! Lol bet he really enjoyed muddying himself up! Lovely pics
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Great pics there Rachel, and it's lovely to see that he does get himself all wet and muddy after all that hard work, bless him. He seems massive for a gordon setter? My friend had one of these but he wasn't half the size of Connor Beautiful dog, I hope he did well in the ring too, I haven't checked on that bit yet! Lol! Congrats if he did anyways, which I'm sure he must have!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Connor is gorgeous, and well deserved the mud after looking so good at Crufts.

As for the other two, yes they are big, especially the one who is six months
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Lovely photos

Before I joined Dogsey (and I don't think I'm alone in this misunderstanding) I thought that show dogs were only wheeled out for shows and did not live a 'natural' life - e.g. running around getting muddy, doing different activities etc.

Your boys (and many of the other Dogsey show dogs) just prove how wrong that image is and how happy and full of life show dogs can be.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Brilliant pics. A happy boy...despite not having his annual cuddly with yours truly!!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Aww....lovely pictures - thanks for sharing
Glad you enjoyed them Tassle

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Awww all your hard work!! Lol bet he really enjoyed muddying himself up! Lovely pics
Oh he did enjoy himself alright - its the same with every show so I have no expectations that we will remain clean for more than 12 hours LOL! thank you H/Bella

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great pics there Rachel, and it's lovely to see that he does get himself all wet and muddy after all that hard work, bless him. He seems massive for a gordon setter? My friend had one of these but he wasn't half the size of Connor Beautiful dog, I hope he did well in the ring too, I haven't checked on that bit yet! Lol! Congrats if he did anyways, which I'm sure he must have!
Ta muchly H he spends (as do the others) spend most of the time muddy and wet - dirty dawgs !

Actually he is about right size (height) but right now needs to body up (which he will with maturity) - many would say he isn't big to be honest

He was a star at Crufts but didn't get placed against some much more mature dogs so looked a little small against them. I am quite sure I took the best dog home though

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Connor is gorgeous, and well deserved the mud after looking so good at Crufts.

As for the other two, yes they are big, especially the one who is six months
Thank you Steph

I found out Bulldogs have to have caesareans to give birth and can't give birth naturally - thought that was sad

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Lovely photos

Before I joined Dogsey (and I don't think I'm alone in this misunderstanding) I thought that show dogs were only wheeled out for shows and did not live a 'natural' life - e.g. running around getting muddy, doing different activities etc.

Your boys (and many of the other Dogsey show dogs) just prove how wrong that image is and how happy and full of life show dogs can be.
Oh H I'm so glad you realise it is not like that at all - certainly in my home and as you say many more on here - they are all pets first and we do the showing for fun - if they didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it! And they certainly live a full and active life out of the show ring

Pleased you enjoyed the pics

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Brilliant pics. A happy boy...despite not having his annual cuddly with yours truly!!!
I managed to cheer him up yes Shame we missed you this year - got my timing of shopping totally wrong! Blame the OH!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Lovely pictures of him. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Doesn't he look just stunning!

Fab pics, Rachel - thanks for sharing

x0x