View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
A few months after I lost my father in 1993, I was involved in a very serious accident, on my own at sea, and I really thought I would not survive it. It would have been my father's birthday and I had the strangest experience - too long to describe - but my father was definitely there, looking out for me. After I lost my mother, I had similar experiences.
To quote from something I wrote, "I've not gone, I've just changed address"
I think of it that way and it helped, eventually.
Hang on in there - we'll all survive this.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
To quote from something I wrote, "I've not gone, I've just changed address"
I think of it that way and it helped, eventually.
Hang on in there - we'll all survive this.
I recognise that from your book, Gill.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm feeling pretty smug at the moment, had him on the door step, he had tried to let himself in but couldn't because I'd had the locks changed I wouldn't let him in, and he told me that when I signed a form at the bank to take myself of the joint account I also signed to put a hold on the account, I can't remember this, but everything is such a blur so when he tried to get his wages out of the bank on Friday, he couldn't because a, they hadn't gone in, and b, the account was frozen he had to go to the bank today and open a new account himself today, and he had to give work his new acc. no. and they can't guarantee his money going in for a couple of weeks , he then had the cheek to ask me for money, I can't print what I said, but he wanted to know why I had turned into an old witch with a washer womens mouth I then gave him his mail, one was a letter from the bank, telling him the account was frozen etc.
So all in all, not feeling too bad right now, and I didn't have to fight the urge to ask him to come back either, so things, hopefully are begining to look up
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Good news!
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
im not feeling to bad today,had to go dentist and they froze up my gob with blooming 4 injections and then drilled out the filling pcaked it with emergency dressing then to top it all have to wait a couple of days to settle then call back and get transfered to the dental hospital to get it took out,my dentist is a ffraid to take it out after the last one,it had splayed roots she had to call for back up and i ended up going the dental hospital to remove bits of bone for 3 mths after so i dont blame her.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I had a great day yesterday, I was full of busy. Firstly I went to see my counsellor, which partly helped me, although to be honest I wasn't too bad, so it felt a bit of a wast of time, I go back next Monday.

Then my carer brought a load of clothes for me to put onto ebay for her, that kept me busy most of the day. She's got some good stuff. then she came and asked to do her C.V. on the computer which she did, then she came back to write a letter too. Four times in one day, I bet the neighbours were wondering what was going on, especially with her fetching a black bin bag in with her! Then when I was going to the post office she asked me to get some stamps and I met her on her round in the village, she gave me some green house tomato's. So it was a bit of good and bad, bad as in she is thinking of leaving again. (to be honest I don't want her to leave, yet I want her to get on) but last night I ended on quite a high note.

Then late last night my neighbour and her daughter came in, the daughter said "You've got a new carer in the morning" ....Me! with my main carer.

So they have just been and she is liking the job so far, but my carer has reservations about her, she doesn't seem to want to get her hands dirty and wants to only work about 35 hours a week but most of the carer's at this firm often work in excess of 50 hours, so she might be in for a shock.

So this morning I still feel on top of the world.

Ian
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I had a great day yesterday, I was full of busy. Firstly I went to see my counsellor, which partly helped me, although to be honest I wasn't too bad, so it felt a bit of a wast of time, I go back next Monday.

Then my carer brought a load of clothes for me to put onto ebay for her, that kept me busy most of the day. She's got some good stuff. then she came and asked to do her C.V. on the computer which she did, then she came back to write a letter too. Four times in one day, I bet the neighbours were wondering what was going on, especially with her fetching a black bin bag in with her! Then when I was going to the post office she asked me to get some stamps and I met her on her round in the village, she gave me some green house tomato's. So it was a bit of good and bad, bad as in she is thinking of leaving again. (to be honest I don't want her to leave, yet I want her to get on) but last night I ended on quite a high note.

Then late last night my neighbour and her daughter came in, the daughter said "You've got a new carer in the morning" ....Me! with my main carer.

So they have just been and she is liking the job so far, but my carer has reservations about her, she doesn't seem to want to get her hands dirty and wants to only work about 35 hours a week but most of the carer's at this firm often work in excess of 50 hours, so she might be in for a shock.

So this morning I still feel on top of the world.

Ian
i hope you have a good day today ian,so far for me its ok but well see xxzbx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I'm feeling pretty smug at the moment, had him on the door step, he had tried to let himself in but couldn't because I'd had the locks changed I wouldn't let him in, and he told me that when I signed a form at the bank to take myself of the joint account I also signed to put a hold on the account, I can't remember this, but everything is such a blur so when he tried to get his wages out of the bank on Friday, he couldn't because a, they hadn't gone in, and b, the account was frozen he had to go to the bank today and open a new account himself today, and he had to give work his new acc. no. and they can't guarantee his money going in for a couple of weeks , he then had the cheek to ask me for money, I can't print what I said, but he wanted to know why I had turned into an old witch with a washer womens mouth I then gave him his mail, one was a letter from the bank, telling him the account was frozen etc.
So all in all, not feeling too bad right now, and I didn't have to fight the urge to ask him to come back either, so things, hopefully are begining to look up
Go girl you are doing well and giving him an ar*e kicking too.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
im not feeling to bad today,had to go dentist and they froze up my gob with blooming 4 injections and then drilled out the filling pcaked it with emergency dressing then to top it all have to wait a couple of days to settle then call back and get transfered to the dental hospital to get it took out,my dentist is a ffraid to take it out after the last one,it had splayed roots she had to call for back up and i ended up going the dental hospital to remove bits of bone for 3 mths after so i dont blame her.
You must be so brave not feeling bad after all that. I am terrified of dentists.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I had a great day yesterday, I was full of busy.
Ian

Oh, Ian that's made me laugh, when my boys were babies and in nappies, when they were, erm, filling them, my MIL used to say, they were busying themselves, ever since then that's all 'busy' has ment to me , I'm still on a high from last night, and that's just added to my good mood, good on you so glad your having a good time as well, everybody seems to be doing quite well at the moment, which is fantastic, lets hope it continues
zb, you were so brave going to the dentist, I couldn't cope with going at the moment
Christine
Page 9 of 26 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »