Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Most expensive gift for your dog?

Ok ok.. we all know that it's the thought that counts - but what's the most expensive thing you dog has had? Either purposely bought, or by accident or other means...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Well Rocky's just been given what has to be the most expensive dog bed ever.... A £360 deluxe sprung single bed (the human sort!)

Long ish story but... When I moved into this house my mum gave me a brand new single bed that they had just bought for when the grand kids stay round. However they hadn't finished the room it was going in yet so kindly lent it to me until this house was sorted out.

Anyway after using it for about 2 weeks lol it went in the storage room - I told my mum it's ready for when she wants it back. The kids then decided they wanted one of those big bunk type beds so my mum said she didn't want the bed back..

Guess who's loving his new bed? Rocky! He hasn't moved off it for a few days :smt044

Mind you it is super comfy :smt023 (I've only given him the mattress to save him jumping up and down off it.)

Dunno how long it will last tho! :smt101
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmmm, well, every vehicle I`ve bought has been with the crews comfort and safety in mind, the latest being a custom crated van with carpeted raised floors [ to lessen vibration for them ], independant fan set-up, heat / light repellent on the rear doors window, reflective sheeting to cover it at shows, [ that was about £50-sh on its own ], and gazebo`s to go over and next to it for extra shade.

Aside from the vehicles past and present, for something useful and beneficial I paid well over a hundred on a soft crate when they first came out, [ waterproof, UV repellent, and really cool inside ], for Defa mainly for his extra comfort at shows, but again that was more a necessity for comfort and hot weather safety so not just something as a `pressie` for the sake of it.

But, those are not really things they can just have fun with as such like toys, so if it counts, when the thing I was married to had a job bonus, I took £250 of it, [ and this was many years ago ], to splurge on toys, toys, and more toys `just because`

[ plus a separate splurge amount for necessities and food treats as well ].
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm..... a 6 berth Hymer motorhome, £39k, five beds for the dogs and one for me as designated driver!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:59 AM
I can't match that lol!
Becky
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 10:03 AM
i dont really spend £££ on her, i buy things now and again like a £39 dog bed, toys etc

whatever she spies in robinsons she can have..... lol!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
£9,000 on a vectra estate, cos it's got air-con, I did'nt really need it but 2yrs ago the summer heat was unbearable.

I've converted it into 2 compartments in the back for the dogs, the back seats are permanently folded down as there's only me and my wife travel in the car.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:52 AM
mine would have to be the izuzu trooper we bought for transporting them to the vets , sadly the engine blow up and loads more things went wrong with it it cost us a fortune to repair so when fixed we sold it and bought a peugot 307 sw estate in jan this year purely for the comfortably transport for the girls xxdk
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
OMG I positively feel mean now! I didn't read out the post about the new single bed as Harvey might feel agrieved that he is lying on a £30 doggie bed! What pampered pooches .... I want to come back in my next life as one of your doggies ..... please?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
My dogs most expensive present is standing on the drive, my Impreza complete with Air Con, made to measure lintran transit box(that cost £510)

I didn't need to change my car five years ago but only did it because the new Impreza had air con for the dogs
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »