KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Gadget
4.5yr old mixed breed

Total annual premium £112.08
12 Monthly Instalments by Direct Debit £9.34

We are with M&S and it costs £90 for a year with no excess (although that was back in January before the prices apparently went up )
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Saffy, Boxer, 3 years old, £16.14
Max, Dally, 10 years old , £25.49
Missy, Mastiff, 8 months, 16.49
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 01:20 PM
It doesn't have Northern Inuit on their (some don't cover them I'm not sure if this is one) so I put them as mixed breed.

This is the quote I got:

Angel, 16 month old male, £9.34 a month

Misty, 12 month old female, £9.34 a month also
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
To me, it proves that postcode has nothing to do with it, like they say it does.

Isochick and my quotes were the same - different breed, totally different area and standard of living too!!
I live in a poorer area, with lots of council houses, higher crime rate. Isochick lives in a high class area, lots of old people, not a high crime rate!

Roxy lives in the same area as me, and yet her Mastiff costs less than Mine and Isochicks dogs, and Roxy's Boxer costs less than Isochicks boxer!

To me it seems they pick a random amount!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
To me, it proves that postcode has nothing to do with it, like they say it does.

Isochick and my quotes were the same - different breed, totally different area and standard of living too!!
I live in a poorer area, with lots of council houses, higher crime rate. Isochick lives in a high class area, lots of old people, not a high crime rate!

Roxy lives in the same area as me, and yet her Mastiff costs less than Mine and Isochicks dogs, and Roxy's Boxer costs less than Isochicks boxer!

To me it seems they pick a random amount!!
It has nothing to do with the area in relation to standard of living or crime rate, but in relation to the dogs in that area being involved in insurance pay outs etc.

All insurance is based on risk and this risk is calculated every year which is why prices can change so much. It wouldn't be possible to do it at random as they'd be unable to calculate the risk of loss or returns on premiums.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
It has nothing to do with the area in relation to standard of living or crime rate, but in relation to the dogs in that area being involved in insurance pay outs etc.

All insurance is based on risk and this risk is calculated every year which is why prices can change so much. It wouldn't be possible to do it at random as they'd be unable to calculate the risk of loss or returns on premiums.
I still don't believe it works 100% like that.
No way should a mastiff cost LESS than a Bullmastiff anyway (larger breeds always cost more - regardless of anything else).

I didn't mean the random thing seriously
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I still don't believe it works 100% like that.
No way should a mastiff cost LESS than a Bullmastiff anyway (larger breeds always cost more - regardless of anything else).

I didn't mean the random thing seriously
Trust me I worked in insurance for nearly two years, they all work the same. If Bullmastiffs are considered a higher risk than Mastiffs then they will cost more, next year it might be different.

Not sure if the rolleyes are necessary, I was just trying to explain how it works.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Just done it for Vegas and it came out at £15.29 per month which is £7 more a month than im already paying with Direct Line!
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Missy, 2 year old female Staffordshire Bull Terrier, £ 9.34 a month. She is insured with More Than. They settled my claims for Missy's surgery within a day.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Dobermann, 7 months old

Quote: £16.14 per month
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »