Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone
CACOLL,(( hugs)) to you,hope you're o.k.
LYNN,sounds like you had a good day,was the village lovely?
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Cacoll, it's great, it's adventure training, they do hillwalking, canoeing, team building games and visit the local amusement park Landmark. The Academy does it for every first year. They all love it.

I've camped there with the cadets but that's it. The weirdest thing was waking during the night and hearing howling, finally worked out it was the sled dog kennels a mile or so away, it was so disorientating hearing this eerie howling in the middle of the night.
Sounds brilliant, though I can definitely understand the howling freaking you out! I'd have gone into hound of the baskervilles mode

Thanks for the hugs and wishes everyone, was a bit heart wrenching earlier but I think it was also good for me & hubby to sit and talk about Tangle and laugh while we remembered the good times with her xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Sally. Thank you for the heads up I thought I was right. That would be then why they quickly retreated into the bedroom shut the window and drew the curtains.
I remember years ago when we agreed Michael could have a small air pistol for target practice in the garden I had to sign a piece of paper to the effect that he would not use it out of the garden. When he got a bit older and sillier the gun was hidden and then disposed of so he couldn't do any anyone or anything any harm and kept within the law.

Go on Pat knock on Sabby's door. Dare you.
I did! lol! He doesn't have very good English but I made myself quite clear! Anyway the 'story' is that his car has broken down (don't quite get the relevance!) but said to him if he means he can't GET TO the Bank I will happily take him in mine tomorrow!

He said his Govt unemployment kicks in next week (and that would be right as they have to wait 6 months here for it even if they've paid their NI Social Ins for years and they only get it for 6 months too) and he will pay then.

He also said he has the possibility of a job soon. Hang on, isn't this beginning to sound a bit like the saga of Moneth!

Now glued to the news re Syria.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Evening Eileen yes it was very quiet. Big Bruv and his wife liked it very much. A lady who would be a neighbour across the road was chatting and laughing with us saying she thought we were going to jump off the bridge and go for a swim in the river we didn't tell her we might be new neighbours.
Also found a lovely public footpath to walk Dillon we didn't check it out bit it looks like quite a long good walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 07:19 PM
cough....still sat here, patiently awaiting the Moneth Saga
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Yes Pat it is sounding like a Moneth saga.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Pat I've got to say that it sounds like a long line of 'ifs' there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 07:21 PM
The Syria thing is sounding a bit worrying.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Eileen yes it was very quiet. Big Bruv and his wife liked it very much. A lady who would be a neighbour across the road was chatting and laughing with us saying she thought we were going to jump off the bridge and go for a swim in the river we didn't tell her we might be new neighbours.
Also found a lovely public footpath to walk Dillon we didn't check it out bit it looks like quite a long good walk.
Next time,take some pics Hope you didn't feel like jumping off the bridge,and are feeling better about everything You keep me up at night!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Like to have seen his face when PAT said " I'll take you in my car
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »