Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 05:58 PM

My granpa's prostate tumour is growing again

Got home from work today and my granpa told me that his prostate tumour has started to grow again after 5 years. He had radiotherapy then to shrink it down.

He has been having regular check ups since it was discovered and has been fine for 5 years now, he's a very fit 74 year old.

He has told me that they can't give him the same treatment he had the first time round, but he doesn't know why not when I questioned him! Typical man. I'm hoping he's not just telling me this because I'm asking questions, if you know what I mean.

I hope they'll be able to give him some sort of treatment as has got a good few years ahead of him yet!

Please send my granpa some healing vibes please, as I know they can often work wonders. Thanks. xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
i'm sure he's just being a man! my dad is still undergoing treatment for various things and he hasn't got a clue what is going on with him! i have to ask mum for the low down. however, he'll tell you exactly what the special offers are in the supermarket this week!

thinking of you and your granpa and sending lots and lots of healing vibes for him. xxxxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Aw Nic, wishing him well and hoping they can find some different treatment for him. (((HUGS))) to you all xxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i'm sure he's just being a man! my dad is still undergoing treatment for various things and he hasn't got a clue what is going on with him! i have to ask mum for the low down. however, he'll tell you exactly what the special offers are in the supermarket this week!

thinking of you and your granpa and sending lots and lots of healing vibes for him. xxxxxxx
Thanks Claire. I'm sure he is just being a typical man! I'm just hoping they can give him some sort of treatment to keep the tumour at bay and prolong his life, as he is still in very good health other than that! He's very active and walks he dogs regularly.

Here's hoping they can do something for him. xx

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw Nic, wishing him well and hoping they can find some different treatment for him. (((HUGS))) to you all xxx
Thank you Claire. That's what we're hoping for as well, he's certainly fine at the moment, or so he tells me. You know what they're like! xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
sending everything I've got for your grandpa Nicola, I'm sure they will be able to do their best for him so he stays active and as healthy as he is now for many years to come. Some hugs for you too coz you must need some.xxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Hope they can help him Nic.

Sending you some hugs and loads of positive vibes for Grandpa x0x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
{{{vibes}}} n hugs from here

im sure he was just being a typical man ,and either didnt ask the relevant questions,or not telling you it all....for now

try not to worry too much,easier said than done i know
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that your granpa's tumour is back. I hope he can get some treatment that will help with controlling it and the symptoms. Is there someone who can go to appointments with him cos you know what men are like, they never ask questions and try and get information?

Will send some healing vibes and good thoughts. *hugs* to all of you.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandad, but good luck and positive vibes to him getting some treatment!

I replied on FB, but will reply here too
You said it was raditherapy that he had....You generally can't have radiotherapy again in the same area of the body because not only does it shrink the tumour, but it damages (burns) healthy tissue. So if he had it again in the same area, the tissue damaged last time will become too damaged, and will no longer be healthy.

I can't have any more radiotherapy because it will basically 'cook' me, as i've already had the maximum amount - and my cancer is all in my chest area, and also very close proximity to my heart.
HTH
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Sending huge vibes from here, such horrid news to get, so sending you big hugs also.
In terms of treatment there are also some new methods from 5yrs ago for treating prostate cancer, am keeping fingers crossed that one of those will be an option for him.
Again sending more hugs and vibes
Emma (who was Emrad)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >