View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Twenty people, that's loads for her to be around all in one go! I'm glad she coped and even made a few new friends Lovely to hear.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Twenty people, that's loads for her to be around all in one go! I'm glad she coped and even made a few new friends Lovely to hear.
Thanks Amanda
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Well done Cain and Izzy

went back up to the park today (it was very busy)

Xeva only kicked off once ( it lasted less than a min and went from deep bark to high pitched i wanna play to being quiet very quickly)

she also only barked as in woof woof (that was it ) at 2 other dogs.

BUT apart from that she also had an offlead dog approach her (while she was onlead) she had her ball in a rope in her mouth (she only grabbed it once she saw the other dog) and never made a sound towards the other dog, no barking, no lunging, just standing there with her ball in a rope in her mouth
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Well done to Izzy - that sounds like it went great!! Thats a lot of people, and to be friendly too, she was very brave. Seems like shes doing really well and building her confidence up.

Well done to Xeva too - that sounds like a great walk considering it was so busy and an off lead dog surprised her. Sounds like the ball could be a really useful replacement activity for barking at other dogs - so she gets to carry her ball for looking at another dog with no reaction. Great work!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Well done Xeva, glad she's found holding her ball is more fun than barking
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Well done Izzy and Xeva
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Just been catching up, and well done to all especially Izzy and Xeva, you can't beat those balls on ropes for distractions and focus imo!

I had to come in here for a quick brag, because as you know Zena had problems with SOME dogs who gave her the attitude, but the other week I walked with Claire and her two (lily jrt and alfie sbt) and all was fine for 1 1/2 hours together, they even had a good chase and play all 3 of them. Last week I met up with the couple with the gsd for another hour's walk, and all was fine, she even let him share her car with her after the walk, plus we also met a gsd and a husky when out, and this morning, I met up with a couple I know with a bit of an iffy collie who's been attacked lots of times, but gives as good as she gets, so I was a bit dubious about walking with them, but they said it will be fine! It WAS! An hour and a half we did together, and Zena and this collie were just trotting up ahead like an old couple or sniffing about, always side by side, we met a bunch of hooligan terriers, and still no problems!!!! WOW! I can't believe it myself, maybe all that solitary walking, not stressing her out in those busy dog walking areas HAS paid off after all.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Claire again for another long walk with Lily and Alfie, and I'm sure it will all be fine as it was the last time.

I'm still on "caution" with her, and I would never, ever let her approach another dog offlead, but it seems, she prefers it this way, and the initial approach onlead is giving her more confidence and I can judge it from there whether the meeting is a good one, and I can let her off, or whether it's a no go-er, but there's nowt wrong with that, I can live with this and so can she
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 12:52 PM
WOOOHOOO well done Zena and to you Helena
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 04:02 PM
That's great news H I know how upset you were about Zena's punch ups. It's great that you've worked out a management strategy that works for you both and is helping Zena behave so well
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Just had a really lovely walk with Sophie (Whichpets) and her little cutie Kestral We had a really nice time...although we had to avoid a few angry rutting stags! Cain was brilliant. He seemed to remember Kestral right from the beginning and he was soooo much calmer than last time, in fact he basically ignored her I think he remember that she wasn't keen on playing with him before so didn't try this time. I had him on his full flexi lead as ge was behaving so well, trotting alongside her and sniffing the same patch of grass. After he went for a swim he got a bit silly (he always gets over excited when wet!) and he tried to get Kestral to play by pouncing at her. Kestral threw herself belly up and he just gave her a quick sniff and walked off He was sooooo well behaved! And he decided to try it on by sitting pretty when Sophie got the hot dog out Very pleased that he was so calm and blasé about the whole thing.
Page 56 of 101 « First < 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 > Last »