Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 03:09 PM

FATSO!

The last time Snorri-dog was weighed was 2 Dec 2004, so, when I went to the vet on Thursday to collect his prescription (phenobarb, for his epilepsy) and some DentaStix, I took him into the surgery, for another weigh-in.

I knew he was putting on a bit of beef, but I was shocked to see that, in under 3 months, the little rat has put on FOUR KILOS! From 19.75 kg up to 23.75 kg - that's about 20% increase!

So, after a word with the vet nurse, the dinner-bowl contents are getting another big reduction, from 150g to 120g (taking his DentaStix into account) and his biscuit rations are getting cut by 33% as well.

When the better weather comes back, he'll get out on the beach a lot more, so he may start to lose his belly-luggage naturally. In the meantime, he'll be weighed every 3 weeks or so, as will his older brother (who could also do with a little less nosh). :smt090

Snorri
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow, that is some increase in weight! Don't worry it'll soon come off again with that decrease in grub! [/img]
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I wish my dog would put on some weight like that, she's a very skinny boxer dog but eats what she is supposed to and gets alot of treats too and dosent gain a pound!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Poor bairn, leave him alone! I know how it is, a few weeks agon Blackie started to pile the pounds on becuase he wasn't getting exercised enough, but now he is ok because he gets a good run every morning.

It will soon come off in the summer months.

Ian
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2005, 03:29 PM
it will soon come off again when the weather gets better
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Bless, we're all aloud to put on a bit of lard in the winter it's very cold!! Woody got seriously fat during the foot and mouth crisis cos we could only go up the road and back! He's the complete opposite of your boxer WigglyStump, he just looks at a biscuit and puts on several pounds!!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:53 PM
yep we all put on weight in the winter well thats my excuse anyway
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2005, 04:00 PM
My Spike says he'll take Snorri-dog's excess baggage! He's been treated for unexplained weight loss which had us frantic with worry. However, it looks like he's turning the corner and he's put ON 4.5kg in 4 weeks

Lesley
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 05:20 PM
ah we all need a bit of extra padding in the winter to keep us warm! i told my husband the same thing this morning! poor snorri dog
bart
Dogsey Junior

26-02-2005, 05:45 PM
i think we should have a dog weight watchers hehehe
kia is getting close to the 60kg mark now and needs to lose at least 3kg her bums getting big,i feel a dinner bowl reduction to snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >