View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 07:32 PM
See what you've started now Losos! Turning into my favourite thread of the day!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Great photos everyone. No photos of me when a teenager riding.
I have also been thrown twice once badly and had a heavy horse stand on my foot and been bitten when I use to catch and bring in and tack up the riding school ponies on the farm across the road from me. Hard work and I still remember breaking the ice on dark morning on the water troughs but I loved it.
The things we did for free rides after the riding school had finished.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Her mother (who I bought for £240 because I couldn't leave her-you could put your hand between her spine and ribs) was welsh x palomino arabxwelsh, then her father was shire x arab, she was 15.3 and an absolute fantastic girl, she hated buses and heavy wagons, tractors as well, and it was always a battle to get her past them, and riding on the road was a bit of an adventure, distance riding she adored, and the minute the box came in the yard she was literally climbing the door to get in. I had her mum for 17 years, she got kicked in the field on her rear hind tendon and that was it, I had the knacker man down and we had her turned out in the little paddock, with a rug on a frosty November day and he walked up to her, offered her a carrot and down she went.
She never knew anything, Isis was just 2 then. I still miss her now, although she will more than likely be long gone, I re-homed her through a sanctuary that would look after her for the rest of her life, I couldn't sell her and maybe her ending up in a state or going through the meat market in her old age, that way she was always protected like I would have done, and given a quick end when the time came. Still got a massive piccie of her over the fireplace.
She was my Best Girl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I've got to stop reading Dogsey and go to bed I think! I've had a totally wasted half a day mucking about on here and on FB posting piccies and all sorts! Bella has already gone to bed - went straight after I took her out half hour ago.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 08:06 PM
when do you move Have you done ANY packing at all
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:28 PM
beefy enough fence!!! jaysus haha.

This is the gentle ginger giant, 17hh ex racehorse. The kindest, most genuine horse i've come across

I promise i can actually ride and don't usually let them go round with their noses out like a riding school pony eek!

terrible photo but darling (albeit insanely sharp) mare i had the ride of for a couple of months, and proving i can keep a horse in a frame ahha. Odd one out as she's not an ex racehorses

oh and my new girl, another ex racehorse but she's not in work atm, last year her owner put her in foal while he didn't have time to keep her in work and she had a really complex miscarriage and nearly died, so getting her on a long term loan arrangement. She's pretty. I'm excited about her, she'll hopefully make a nice little low level SJ sort and is very very polite, quiet and totally bombproof.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh she's gorgeous, I don't half miss horses, I envy all of you that still have them
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:43 PM
She is a darling, i've been connected with her in someway or another since she was sold from a french racing yard to an english one, and when she was retired from racing after incredibly limited success (i.e. she never finished a race) i lost track of her and heard she had originally gone to be produced and sold but went in foal instead, and i was worried that if she was a good mum i'd never see her again, this january i got asked if i wanted her! she's still getting some vet care so isn't ready to come and live with me yet, but I'm so excited and she's such a darling. Even when fully fit she never got strong or did anything nasty (probably why she was crap haha). Ahh and she has such a kind eye. I'm so excited she's back in my life
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 08:44 PM
She looks like a gentle little girl and she so deserves a one on one home, so glad you found her again and the unspeakable didn't happen to her like it does so often to failed racers
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:59 PM
thankfully she was owned by the most wonderful couple who are incredibly into their racing and their welfare, she's come back to them, but they run 2 businesses and don't have time for something needing a fair amount of work. They invited me to come and see one of their new horses run in jan and were like "if you wanted her, she's yours" much loving.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >