Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Homes wanted for horses

Not sure if this is the right place but my old neighbour down in west Cornwall just posted this - reposted from Horse & Hound

URGENT APPEAL
After the death of a friend who owned a riding school/ex racehorse yard the horses are now due to be put to sleep , we have homed some and sadly the yard is now sold so there is no chance if them staying whilst homes are slowly found , if anyone is looking for a nice riding horse or a companion PLEASE PLEASE call me today as i have managed to get a few days repreeve to try and home the remaining horses , there are allsorts , from oldies that deserve a happy retirement to young ridable horses that can hack , jump , event.

These are not rubbish they are worth good money but if you can offer any a home you will not be charged, the yard is in Ewhurst, Guildford (GU6) my number is 07762628391 - NO TIME WASTERS OR HOOF KICKER PLEASE THEE HORSES DONT HAVE TIME

Thank you for reading and please pass this far and wide so we can try and home these horses instead of seeing them fall one by one.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:16 AM
My colleague is looking for a companion horse atm and is having difficulty finding anything, as Guildford is quite close to us I can't understand why she hasn't seen this.

I will pass the details on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2013, 10:26 AM
I have passed this on to a couple of horsey friends of mine and they will in turn pass it on.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh how sad wish I could help but I only know one horse owner, that's my brother, I will ring him tonight, he's in Suffolk.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 11:26 AM
All these horses have already been rehomed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
That's fantastic news
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
the appeal is actually from september, i remember it the first time round! but they all found homes quickly
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks Emmis the latest update I read was that only the 'ridden' horses were all homed. At first I thought this was a spoof thing but apparently it checked out and was genuine.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
The charity that sorted it are very small but very good. I remember it from h&h forum last year and googled to check and thy were all rehomed. There is one going round which is about ex racehorses that is very very fake and just a money making scam that puts you onto a premium rate number! Very cruel and exploiting people's genuine concern
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
The charity that sorted it are very small but very good. I remember it from h&h forum last year and googled to check and thy were all rehomed. There is one going round which is about ex racehorses that is very very fake and just a money making scam that puts you onto a premium rate number! Very cruel and exploiting people's genuine concern
What's know I believe as CYBER BEGGING. It's why I always check out these appeal emails. Mind you this one had come from my horse owning and horse loving pals down in West Penwith so I didn't think it would be suspicious.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >