Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 08:02 AM

Daily Threads, Thursday, 20th December, 2018

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your lovely four legged friends are all fit and well.

Only a few more days and then the shortest day and the nights start drawing out. Yippee!

Oh well not long now I shall be glad to get to Spring. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Morning all

Brightening up here, it the forecast is for sunshine and showers for today, so we shall see.
Moyra I am like you can’t wait till spring! I detest the winter months.
The party was good, and it was lovely to see all the residents enjoying themselves.
Work was busy yesterday, but enjoyed it, I was told at lunchtime, take a break but it’s a lovely place to work.
Manager and deputy came in yesterday, explained to me about the clocking in system and showed me how to use it and gave me my own number. They have applied for a DBS check, obviously they need one, and proud to say I have no cautions, or convictions, so nothing will show up as there is nothing to show up lol and until that comes back I can’t be left unsupervised.
I also now have a contract of employment and a start date of 7th jan
I am so proud of myself

Off to the opticians in a little while to pick up our new glasses, and O/H needs his eyes looking at again, and he still hasn’t had his blood pressure taken and he went to the GP’s yesterday, I keep reminding him, but he won’t get it done, so looks like ringing them up and asking receptionist to make a note of it on his records and for them to just do it next time he goes!

When we get back I have some wrapping and general chores to be getting on with and it’s the food shop tomorrow for Christmas, only a few days away now and still doesn’t feel like Christmas.

Have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Morning all
I agree Sal... doesn't feel like Christmas at all. Pleased you had a nice time at the party
Moyra..yep..soon be spring
I am waiting for a courier,mum ordered a huge piece of rib of beef for Christmas...they haven't told us when they are coming.... good job I am in!
Steve's been to collect Molly and his Christmas presents and a case of lager from my mum, he was going mad as there are 4 large gift bags of presents..1 is for Molly, there's lots of daft gifts so it looks loads but there's only about 5 big presents
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Morning all and those to come. Felt quite christmassy here first thing as listened to music that was christmassy in the wee small hours as I was awake. The shed is wet but I have the door open to dry it out as it is sunny here. Sadly no Kelly I didn't pay by credit card. Don't have one. Paid by cheque and the company are adamant that they won't do anything so they will just get a very bad review if anyone asks me about them. So to cheer myself up I am off to look at what to have for lunch. Steak and Kidney pies probably and stuffed large mushrooms. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I know a lot of people don't like credit cards but for large purchases we always pay some / all on a card and then clear it. Hope it dries out quickly...what about boat varnish?? Would that seal it..I know you said you were painting it again so assumed water is not coming through the roof
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Still no courier...bet I will be sat here all day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Decided to spoil myself with some new dresses and shoes..I deserve it lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Afternoon everyone. Early start today took Dillon to the station we watched the steam train on its way to York come in and stop at March. Union of South Africa amazing.
Dillon not one bit perturbed.
Then out to pick up a parcel hat was delivered yesterday while we were out then over to hairdresser then to see Paul and Beth and have a cuppa or two and exchange presents.
Then home and a stop at Argos to pick up some new bedding bought courtesy of our Argos voucher from sse.

griff yes you do deserve some new dresses and shoes.
brenda what a nuisance about the shed and bad customer service from the company.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
the company are adamant that they won't do anything so they will just get a very bad review if anyone asks me about them.

Brenda, have you thought about trading standards

Most sheds come with a roll of waterproof rubberised sheeting but if the description of the product didn't say that then I guess the firm won't budge.

In my (somewhat limited) experience nothing liquid that you paint on will solve the problem. It needs to have the waterproof membrane which is what the rubberised rolls are. I can't remember the trade names but anyone in the DIY sheds should be able to help you.

They don't cost a lot and you can nail the sheet down and cut it to length with a utility knife. There's also various 'mastics' which can be used to seal the joins but the sheets themselves should solve your water ingress problem.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Decided to spoil myself with some new dresses and shoes..I deserve it lol

You go fior it gal You won't hear me say anything negative until you have more pairs of shoes than Imelda Marcos Then (and only then) might I say something
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >