Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Why breed - specific legislation is wrong

http://www.viewshound.com/lifestyle/...-of-extinction

More and more we are hearing about dogs being taken away from their families because they “look” to be of a certain type.

In the UK, pure bred documented show dogs of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed have been taken by police officers that have a hard time telling the difference between a Rottweiler and a Poodle. These dogs are then held in appalling conditions, often returned to their owners suffering from self-mutilation, separation anxiety, and other behavioral issues. These issues can cost the owner a lot of money to put right, sometimes the dog has been so mentally damaged, the only humane option is to have the dog put to sleep.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree with what the post you link to says about all dog lovers and dog owners needing to support one another when an injustice happens.

It's awful that a dog can be taken away purely on the basis that it 'looks like' a certain breed.

It's equally awful that just by dint of being a member of a certain breed, a dog can be taken away.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I feel exactly the same way about how certain people or sections of society are treated!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I "think" what made me very disillusioned was the fact a few months ago they took away a tiny puppy & put her to sleep. The owners have an ongoing campaign on her behalf to get justice. So so sad