Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Broken collar.

So Remus managed to snap the D ring on his puppy collar today! He's obvusly strong than I thought!
metaldog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
So Remus managed to snap the D ring on his puppy collar today! He's obvusly strong than I thought!
That's one strong puppy dog. I hope he was somewhere safe when it broke.Was the ring welded? It's very rare for them to fail if they are welded properly.

I would be complaining to the manafacturer if it were me.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Was it a puppy collar ? I ask because putting an ID tag onto one of Betty's harnesses I managed to snap the D ring ! Took it back and got my money back.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh god I thought you meant collar bone when I read the title, I too would complain, you could have been next to a main road when it happened Glad he is fine x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by metaldog View Post
That's one strong puppy dog. I hope he was somewhere safe when it broke.Was the ring welded? It's very rare for them to fail if they are welded properly.

I would be complaining to the manafacturer if it were me.
It was a puppy collar, but not a tiny one, made my a company that make collars for sighthounds. We were at a local forestry commission woods in the car park meeting my friend whose a dog walker...so he was relatively safe. Lots of dogs were arriving so he was excited, luckily we told all the other dogs to go on and they ran down the path into the woods with him following. I think I will email the company and see what they say.

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Was it a puppy collar ? I ask because putting an ID tag onto one of Betty's harnesses I managed to snap the D ring ! Took it back and got my money back.
It was a puppy lurcher collar from Silver Peacock and he's there were two ID tags on it. I want to keep the collar, because I love it...it's got hot rods type flames on it , but ...if he is too strong for their collars now I may get him a sighthound harness. In general he walks right on your heel like a lot of lurchers, but will pull and leap about the place if he sees another dog he wants to say hello to, so a harness might be a better idea.

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Oh god I thought you meant collar bone when I read the title, I too would complain, you could have been next to a main road when it happened Glad he is fine x
Haha, on no..thank God he's still in one piece!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Got a reply straight away and an apology. I'm going to send it back to them and they will fit another D ring.
metaldog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2013, 09:06 PM
It was a puppy collar, but not a tiny one, made my a company that make collars for sighthounds. We were at a local forestry commission woods in the car park meeting my friend whose a dog walker...so he was relatively safe. Lots of dogs were arriving so he was excited, luckily we told all the other dogs to go on and they ran down the path into the woods with him following. I think I will email the company and see what they say.

Phew! That's really fortunate. I'm glad your pup wasn't endangered. I make collars and if that happened with one of mine I'd replace it FOC no quiblle. Luckily none of mine have ever failed.
metaldog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2013, 09:07 PM

Phew! That's really fortunate. I'm glad your pup wasn't endangered.

Got a reply straight away and an apology. I'm going to send it back to them and they will fit another D ring.
that's brilliant too I make collars and if that happened with one of mine I'd replace it FOC no quiblle. Luckily none of mine have ever failed.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by metaldog View Post
Phew! That's really fortunate. I'm glad your pup wasn't endangered.

that's brilliant too I make collars and if that happened with one of mine I'd replace it FOC no quiblle. Luckily none of mine have ever failed.
Ooo that's interesting to know. What's your company name...are you allowed to say on here? I don't know the rules?
metaldog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Ooo that's interesting to know. What's your company name...are you allowed to say on here? I don't know the rules?
I sell mainly locally and to friends. It's more a hobby than a business TBH I am called Geekidog we are on [a social network] but don't have a web site or shop (yet)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >