View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Having dealt with people for most of my life, Ive found that people today, not everyone I might add, are more ignorant than ever. Dont let this worry you, this woman has gone home and forgotten all about it so why should you be upset. Put it down to her ignorance, enjoy walking your dog and enjoy meeting the nice people of this World, and let the nasty types fester in their own ignorance. Im afraid I would have told her exactly where to go!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
She should not let her dogs off if she can't control them, nothing more to be said
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
...[snip]...It's ridiculous to blame their dogs recall issues on you! Just some nuttahs who can't accept their responsibility so want to lay it on you!
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Don't fret over it. The crazy woman probably isn't anymore, so why should you?

You did nothing wrong and it's not like anything happened that she could use against you if you were to run into her again.
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I know it's difficult and stuff like that always gets me. But you should just ignore her and if you see her again turn around and leave. She clearly has no idea and certainly no respect for others.
Originally Posted by Jessiesdad View Post
There are many idiots about who don't have the intelligence to have a dog/s.
It's not your problem whether their dog/s get on the road.
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Isn't that just the classical response of someone refusing to take responsibility for their dogs - makes me so mad. If their dogs don't have good recall and charge towards other dogs then they shouldn't be offlead.

You are perfectly entitled to walk anywhere you wish and change your mind at any time, it's not up to you to take their dogs into consideration.
Originally Posted by Dr Salter View Post
Having dealt with people for most of my life, Ive found that people today, not everyone I might add, are more ignorant than ever. Dont let this worry you, this woman has gone home and forgotten all about it so why should you be upset. Put it down to her ignorance, enjoy walking your dog and enjoy meeting the nice people of this World, and let the nasty types fester in their own ignorance. Im afraid I would have told her exactly where to go!
I totally agree with all the above comments. Please do not fret about it. (((hugs)))
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
The ignorant dog owner was probably just displaying her usual behaviour and has no doubt forgotten all about the incident by now (it is probably a common occurrence for her).

So do try not to let it continue to upset you. You can't change the way other people behave - you can only try to change the way you react to them or allow them to make you feel.
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I totally agree with all the above comments. Please do not fret about it. (((hugs)))
Thank you
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Why do the people who are at fault always blame other people or their dogs?
cadac21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Yet another owner who cannot/does not controll there dog.

I had this happen a few weeks ago (i posted on here about it), and i've seen the guy again walking his dog off lead.

These people will do what they want despite what anyone says to them.

Although I feel I should I now think it's easier to just remove ourselves from the situation and walk elsewhere.

The woman in your case probably doesn't care, and hasn't given it a second thought.

Try not to let it get to you, however i do know it's easier said than done!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dr Salter View Post
Having dealt with people for most of my life, Ive found that people today, not everyone I might add, are more ignorant than ever.
We should start a club I have tried to get away from such people as much as possible but it's not always easy despite vowing to never travel on public transport again, never go shopping after 10am any day of the week, and never ever under any circumstances go on a 'cruise' type holiday, can you imagine getting one of these types in the next cabin to you in the middle of the Atlantic and the only way out is over the side
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry she's made YOU feel so very guilty and upset about something that was in fact completely and utterly HER fault???

I do hope you don't see them again. I was just like you, I was beginning to dread dog walks and they're supposed to be a pleasure aren't they thankfully, I can load mine up in the car, I know where to go where I can avoid the likes of this woman, so touch wood, I don't have any problems here.

Dog walking has now become the very same as driving, in that you don't have to worry about what YOU are doing, you have to spend all your time worrying about what the others are doing, and always think the worst, cos they usually do it!

Some people should be banned from owning dogs, and sometimes I truly wonder how some of them even get hold of them in the first place when they are totally clueless about how to behave around other RESPONSIBLE dog owners, who have taken the time and trouble and effort to TRAIN their dogs not to be a nuisance to others. Rant over!

I feel for you I really do. WHY should you have to stand in the park entrance and worry about the lunatics in there letting their dogs run riot??? I would do exactly the same though, all very sad isn't it
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm sorry she's made YOU feel so very guilty and upset about something that was in fact completely and utterly HER fault???

I do hope you don't see them again. I was just like you, I was beginning to dread dog walks and they're supposed to be a pleasure aren't they thankfully, I can load mine up in the car, I know where to go where I can avoid the likes of this woman, so touch wood, I don't have any problems here.

Dog walking has now become the very same as driving, in that you don't have to worry about what YOU are doing, you have to spend all your time worrying about what the others are doing, and always think the worst, cos they usually do it!

Some people should be banned from owning dogs, and sometimes I truly wonder how some of them even get hold of them in the first place when they are totally clueless about how to behave around other RESPONSIBLE dog owners, who have taken the time and trouble and effort to TRAIN their dogs not to be a nuisance to others. Rant over!

I feel for you I really do. WHY should you have to stand in the park entrance and worry about the lunatics in there letting their dogs run riot??? I would do exactly the same though, all very sad isn't it
Hi You are so right Helen,but I was a bit bloody minded then not so much now,and would stand my ground,because those people are bullies,and you just have to face up to them or they think that they can bully,and make a life miserable crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Thanks for your support I shouldn't rant on here, but was really fed up over this, I am festering ill be honest.
Hi Never apologise,we really understand being mad and why,so chin up crystalgirl
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >