Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:50 AM

decisions decisions decisions....

Hi, towards the end of the year i will be having a new addition to the family...in the form of a whippet or italian greyhound(havnt decided yet!) I originally thought i was going to get a bitch but now im not so sure..my current dogs yoda(male) and sadie(bitch) are generally good with other dogs-yoda especially with either dogs or bitches. sadie can be funny particularly with bitches but she is fine with my mums who she has known since puppies.yoda will be neutered before the new arrival comes.
so im not too sure what sex to get- as i say i originally thought of a bitch but it doesnt make a huge difference to me...what do others think?
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
My family has always has 3 dogs, 2 bitches and a dog but is always the two bitches that have fallings out. If the dog is fine with both sexes but the bitch can be funny with other bitches then i would go for a dog to be on the safe side.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I have never had a problem introducing either sex to my mixed (neutered and un-neutered) group.

I try to aim for dog - bitch - dog etc. (It has fallen down with a couple of rescues!)

I would advise you to go for what you prefer.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
What a lovely problem to have

From what you have said, a male might be the more obvious choice but I would go with what you want
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I have six bitches (all intact) and two males. No aggression problems at all

Italian Greyhounds are very cute but then so are Whippets
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
i know IG's are lovely but im a bit worried they might be a bit small and fragile with my two lumaxes. i think whippet will be my best bet. as for the sex....i really dont know but i like to be prepared and plan in advance(ocd lol) If i had no other dogs it would definatly be a bitch so maybe i should go with that..BUT the fact is ive got a bitch that can be funny but it think she would be ok if it was from a pup-she would probably take over and mother it lol.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
^^ our bc sam was a bitch by name n nature... but with puppy bitch millie she mothered her completely - you wouldnt think sam was the same dog around millie

they ha their scraps - but sam was the dominant dog and millie was trying it on lol

congrats on the new adition