Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Malka, this has been doing the rounds for a while now......H got it first on here I think, but the main thing is not to click on any links or attachments
Trouble is I thought it was genuine so clicked on the link. Now different links, all purporting to come from June, have arrived in all my email addresses which means it will be sent on to everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:08 PM
You're not the only one Malka, very very sorry to anyone who gets this, please don't click on the link!!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You're not the only one Malka, very very sorry to anyone who gets this, please don't click on the link!!!!!
Too late. I clicked on the first one because I thought it was genuine as it was sent to my Domain email address. Deleted all the others but I cannot change all the passwords - and they are still coming in.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Oh dear, bad luck TW An email supposedly from you was shoved straight into quarantine by BT, they are quite good like that!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Ive got two as well. I clicked on the first link but deleted the second one
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Too late. I clicked on the first one because I thought it was genuine as it was sent to my Domail email address. Deleted all the others but I cannot change all the passwords - and they are still coming in.
Just looking at the email Malka, there was no text just a great long suspicious looking link with no relevance to anything obvious. You silly noodle - repeat after me "I WILL NEVER CLICK ON A SUSPICIOUS LINK AGAIN"
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Ive got two as well. I clicked on the first link but deleted the second one
Uh oh
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Evening old bean glad I gave you a good old laugh there, but then I knew you'd laugh at that!!!!

Yes, I had this hacker get into all my addresses too, and although I warned most people, they all said they would never have clicked on the link anyway cos it looked so dodgy! I now have e-mails coming back to me from people he hacked into in my aol address book originally, people I haven't e-mailed for donkeys years, so I'm just deleting as soon as I see any link with nothing else written there. That's what they do, they just put a link in the e-mail and nothing else, so that alone, tells you it's suspiscious.

You have to change your log-in password to your isp where you get your e-mails or whatever e-mail password you have anywhere, and then that'll fix it. Took me a while to do mine with aol, because everytime I tried to do it, it all went super fast so that I couldn't do it, and I ended up on an aol page saying there was a problem and they were on the case. They were very good because they did actually fix it in the end, so that I could change my password. Quite a nightmare at the time though.

I wonder what they get out of it though??? Why would they want to just hack into people's address books just to send another link to do the same to them, what's the benefit to them I wonder, or am I being thick here??

Next Corrie now.......
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh heck, poor Chesney
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:34 PM
OMG I am so so sorry, I didn't know anything about it until Chris who has Zillar rang me and told me, went into my email account and there were loads of undelivered ones where email addresses had changed, all going back years.
Changed my password now and have started a gmail account as that is supposed to be more secure.
I have had loads of silly stuff with links in over the past month or so, but I have sent them to spam and deleted them straight away without going into the link
Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »