Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Update on the Rehoming Situation

Thought I would let you all know whats been happening over the last few weeks and to thank you all for your support. Special thanks must go to youngstevie, random, settagirl and blackiesmum who all offered foster homes to my darlings. I realised that as hard as it was going to be, I wouldn't be in a position for many, many months to have them all back with me, if ever, so took the hardest decision ever to place them into permanent homes.

Each home is experienced in English Setters so they know what they are letting themselves in for, I couldn't have it any other way as, anyone that has ever owned an English Setter will confirm, as addictive and scrumptious as they are, you do need to keep your wits about you and be prepared to have your home and garden wrecked ever so slightly.

I have already mentioned that Fabian is moving with me, Bailey has been returned to his breeder, Alfie has gone to Junes, Bradley is going to live with his litter brothers and Giddy went to live with 4 other elderly setters last weekend. I had an update yesterday and they adore him (not difficult to fall for the little chap), he has been out on family visits and sleeps next to his new owners bed at night, plus he gets on extremely well with their other setters so they are thrilled to have him as part of their extended family. I shed a few tears again last night when I got the news but I am extremely happy for him and am going to visit in a couple of Sundays time.

Ebony is going to live with her litter sister, (Bella), in Hertfordshire, they also have an elderly dalmatian, (Sam), and had been chatting about getting another one so that Bella has company when anything happens to Sam. I told them about my situation and they jumped at the chance to take Ebony. I know she will be well loved and, more to the point, have a loving home environment with lots of walks and holidays by the sea. Ebony and Bella are like two peas in a pod, even I have to look twice when I see photos of them at the age they are now, I can imagine they will look stunning together when they are out for their walks.

Remy rascal is going to live with someone very special on here, I don't want to give too much away...I will let them announce the news when they are ready. Suffice to say she will get lots of love and attention and will, no doubt, be ruling the roost and her new companions in no time. I heard last night from some people in Northampton that they would like to take Tyler...he will be living about 5 minutes from me when I move so they want us to keep in touch and we can go for walks together. They have owned English Setters for many years and have an older rescue boy that they would like to get a companion for. Its ideal as I will be able to take Fabian for walks and meet up with them..I will also be able to keep Tyler (and her dog) trimmed up if they want me to.

So I'm just down to finding a home for Leon still, I'm sure the right home will come along for him anytime now...he isn't a typical English Setter so I'm not holding out for anyone that has had one before, just someone that is experienced enough to understand that he cannot be mixed with other animals because of his fear agression...we will get there, I'm sure.

Clive has started ordering me some stock for my new doggy bits and pieces and I have started on the website...it looks like I'm going to be a very busy girl when I move down there...I wouldn't have it any other way, it will help me to get over these awful few months and turn my life around. I've found some lovely places to take Fabey for his walks and I've arranged with Clive that he will open the unit each morning whilst I take Fabey for a long walk, we will then arrive at the unit and take over for the day, then I'll take Fabey out again during the evening..he'll spend all day with his mummy and each evening with his mummy and new daddy, I'm sure he will enjoy his new life too.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:20 AM
You should be proud that you have found them such great homes and I think someone will snap up Leon soon as well.
I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel after all your heartache xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I am so pleased to hear things are falling into place for you and I wish all your babies and their new owners the best of Luck.

I Hope that the right home for Leon will come along soon.

Sure Fabian will be pleased to have new Daddy and though he will miss the others , but at least he will still have Tyler for company sometimes.

You are one brave Lady Sheree and I send you love and I am sure that you and Clive will make a lovely life together.
Eunice
xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you Lorna and Eunice..I'm sure I wouldn't have got through this in one piece without the advice and support from my friends on here, and I appreciate your lovely words xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Well done on finding such wonderful homes for your doglets. Good luck with the move. xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks so much Ailsa xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2008, 10:55 AM
They all have lovely new homes and all down to your hard and never ending work in finding them.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks Lynn, and thank you for your help in trying to find them homes, I really appreciate that too. xxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm really pleased all is going so well now and you are sounding so much more positive too Sheree - well done you have worked hard on making sure they are going to be well cared for.

Much hugs from all here
xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks Rach...it's been hard...I know you understand...but I'm happy that the homes are just right for them and they are going to be so well loved. xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >