Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Bit harsh! My little brother has appalling spelling (suspect he's dyslexic, though not been diagnosed) but absolutely adores dogs (plans to go into dog unit in the army then a dog handler with the police) and my mum's pup who he lives with adores him equally. Bad spelling doesn't make you a bad dog owner!
If you are writing a advert to rehome your dog, sell your house car etc etc it should contain good spelling and grammar otherwise it gives off the wrong impression, i didn't mean to offend but you can get other people to check your spelling and grammar when writing a advert, i never said it made them a bad owner, the fact they are rehoming a dog for free because someone is pregnant that makes them a bad dog owner x
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:04 AM
There is also a dog going cheap becasue the owners are emigrating
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
There is also a dog going cheap becasue the owners are emigrating
Wheres that one at Tassle as the parents of Sasi my NI were going up for sale as their owners emigrating too.
So sad when the bitch has not long had a litter & both dogs ready been rehomed 2 or 3 times
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
If you are writing a advert to rehome your dog, sell your house car etc etc it should contain good spelling and grammar otherwise it gives off the wrong impression, i didn't mean to offend but you can get other people to check your spelling and grammar when writing a advert, i never said it made them a bad owner, the fact they are rehoming a dog for free because someone is pregnant that makes them a bad dog owner x
The way I've read it is that the council have said they can't keep the dog, they're waiting for a house but can't just tell the council to stuff themselves and rent somewhere privately since the partner is pregnant (so presumably whatever they could afford privately wouldn't be big enough). Yes, not ideal, shouldn't have got the dog without written permission, but people's circumstances change - they might've got the dog before moving there, they may have been given verbal permission, may not have been expecting to have a baby, etc.
I can understand the need for good grammar when selling a house or a car, but I don't think a plea for a new home is quite the same thing. Many people don't realise why "free to good home" ads are a bad thing. I adopted Kiki from this same website, from someone with less than perfect spelling, who's situation had unfortunately changed from when she got the dog 7 months beforehand, but the owner sobbed her heart out and Kiki was a very wellbalanced dog who'd obviously been looked after.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Wheres that one at Tassle as the parents of Sasi my NI were going up for sale as their owners emigrating too.
So sad when the bitch has not long had a litter & both dogs ready been rehomed 2 or 3 times
Same website. Just do a search for NIs - he is the first one to come up.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:25 AM
To me free to a good home ad's are just a easy guaranteed way to ship your dog off to someone else no questions asked, i realise its not always the way and that there are genuine people out there but they are pulled down by the people who just want out x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:30 AM
classic case of... have real baby coming now..bye bye beloved(not) pet imo.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Same website. Just do a search for NIs - he is the first one to come up.

Thanks Tassle, yep i just looked and that is Sasis daddy Thaw
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:50 AM
They're also rehoming a syberian husky 2yrs old
£75. Ive met both the NI & the husky & they are fabulous dogs!Soft as claggy toffee the pair of them. I am so soft I am crying!! Sad or what eh
Makes me wonder whats happened to Sasis mum...Poor girl

Bev
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Poor dogs... So many Inuits on that site... and wolf dog crosses. There cant be that many knowledgable homes waiting out there...
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >