View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
What a sad and selfish reason for them to miss out on a good home together.

I have rehomed dogs I was fond of in various parts of the country, if you care that much you can travel to visit them.

rune
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
What a sad and selfish reason for them to miss out on a good home together.

I have rehomed dogs I was fond of in various parts of the country, if you care that much you can travel to visit them.

rune

if you don't have anything good to say please don't add to this thread.
this thread is to find a home for mack and moose within this area.
it has nothing whatsoever to do with you.....please leave the thread for what it was created for (rehoming mack and moose in this area)
thankyou
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by rachluvslabs View Post
Am I too far away? I live in East Cornwall and sadly lost my black lab the sun before xmas. I had her from 8 wks to 13 years and she was an absolute gem. Brilliant with my children of 5 and 2. Just a joy to have! We all miss her terribly and feel now is the time for the house to contain black labs once more! Can i help? Am i too far away? Visit most welcome! I'd expect nothing less if i had to re-home a lab myself!
oh, now that would be perfect. they get a nice new home, in a lovely part of the world, and they get to stay together. Fantastic offer. Hope the Op sees this
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If its a goer Tassle or I could home check for you----we are in Cornwall.

rune
thats a nice offer Rune. I do love how forums can pull together sometimes

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Oh fingers crossed here that this is a happy turn out
same here!

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
me too sounds promising huh?
exciting!

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
It sure does - shall keep an eye for updates!
same here

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i rehomed for a rescue for 15 yrs.
its pretty damn hard to home pairs, so id be flexible on the location front if i were you,
ie, give the potential arrangments for cornwall a chance.

lots of people handed over dogs to us stating we had to home them together,
we made it clear we would assess this need ourselves, as more often than not, its just a human emotional need and perception, and the dogs coped when separated into different kennels etc.

if you remain strict on BOTH your criteria on the basis you can take as long as you like etc, then this does beg the question why not keep them?

aside from the money, the pet passport arrangements and climate change is not such a big deal.
naturally one can understand if their are other reasons the chap cant take the dogs to australia.

in the meantime i would advise that yourself and any future home would start a programme of the dogs learning a bit of independance from each other, at the moment no one is doing them any favours.
ie, what happens when one dies?

their is also a large UK forum which is based all around rescue and rehoming.
called d ogpages
wise words
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
hi rachel

unfortunately.........yes you are too far away.... good luck with your search

Oh, thats a shame. OP can I ask why wouldnt you consider this home?
rachluvslabs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I thought i might be but i had to ask. I hope you find somebody nearer to home for your boys. Best wishes Rachael
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:39 AM

... why not just keep the boys then?
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
these boys MUST stay together and stay as local to here as possible (mid bedfordshire)

several lab rescues are aware of them but i am trying my hardest to find a home myself as these boys are very special to us and we want the very best of everything for them............and to be able to keep in touch/see them still................hence wanting to keep them as local as possible.

please feel free to copy and cross post their details wherever you think might help find that home, anyone wanting to rehome them will be homechecked and interviewed thoroughly

and if needed at any time in their lives they can always come back to us :0)

details...........................

Mack & Moose have been staying with me since august 2010........this was originally a temporary arrangement until their owner returned from australia,however circumstances have changed and they are now looking for a new family.

Mack & Moose are litter brothers........ they are 5 year old black labradors.

They are looking for a new home as their owner has to care for a family member in australia and after much thought has decided it would be in their best interest to be rehomed rather than put them through a massive journey/quarantine and climate change..........

Mack & Moose need a home together........... they cannot be split up.....
both dogs are castrated......fully vaccinated....microchipped..
and very obedient.

They both have excellent recall although moose has more of a mind of his own than mack who is more of a follower.

They are great with my children (10 & 12)...... good around other dogs..... very easy boys

Moose walks nicely on the lead......Mack pulls a little and needs constant reminders to walk to heal...... but once off lead out in the fields they don't go far from me

they are both excellent around livestock and just ignore sheep/chickens etc on walks.

they are staying with me in mid bedfordshire until the right home comes along............ a home check will be required to adopt these two.

if you would like more information on these two lovelies then please email

Dawn smith alfred.smiths@btinternet.com or call 01234 764459 07789 585766

many thanks for reading and passing along

these boys are 2 very very special boys and deserve only the best !!

dawn x
IMO keeping the dogs close so that you can still see them is not in the best interests of the dogs at all, in fact once they have been rehomed it is their best interests to not see you again as it can cause them a great deal of confusion and distress. To keep them local is very selfish and you have to do what is best for the dogs not you. You can still keep in touch via email and receive photo's of them if they live further away.

May I ask why it is not possible for you to keep them yourself? Only you seem very attached to them

Originally Posted by rachluvslabs View Post
Am I too far away? I live in East Cornwall and sadly lost my black lab the sun before xmas. I had her from 8 wks to 13 years and she was an absolute gem. Brilliant with my children of 5 and 2. Just a joy to have! We all miss her terribly and feel now is the time for the house to contain black labs once more! Can i help? Am i too far away? Visit most welcome! I'd expect nothing less if i had to re-home a lab myself!
You sound a lovely home

hi rachel]

unfortunately.........yes you are too far away.... good luck with your search
Please please put the interests of the dogs before your own selfishness
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 10:13 AM
gosh..if i had the choice between Bedford and Cornwall..id know where i would go...let alone the dogs lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Why do they need to be rehomed in Beds? I don`t understand...
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >