Female 

14-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Gorgeous photo, he looks happier already
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Update

Well, poor Raz didn't last even 24 hours with the new family, After an initial quiet couple of hours in the new home Raz became scared and wedged himself into a corner in his outdoor area, and growled when approached as he was so terrified. The new owner was not able to deal with this and called Gill to come and collect him. Poor Raz really does need a home where there will be no initial pressure. It will take alot of time and patience for him to learn that no-one is going to hurt him. When he first arrived at Gills it took a few days before he was settled enough for someone to enter his kennel, it took weeks before he could be groomed/bathed. He needs time to adjust to a new home, and someone savvy enough not to underestimate his needs.

Nevertheless! he is still progressing! On Saturday after a training class had finished everyone was chatting, & he came out of his kennel with Chrissie and was able to approach a group of 9 adults/children and 3 dogs, without a problem. The atmosphere was relaxed, no-one tried to fuss him, and he wanted to investigate the other dogs, and he was calm enough to stand in amongst us, and thats the kind of gentle exposure he needs with new situations.

Very many thanks to those of you who have kindly made donations to help with his vet bills and food, please bear Raz in mind if you or someone you know is looking to rehome a needy dog, and are able to work at his pace. He will be a truly rewarding dog to work with, what you put into him you will get back tenfold.

Kathy

piccies. Raz on a walk, you can see one of his bite wounds that has a corresponding wound on his other side where he was bitten across his back,it's healing beautifully though
[IMG][/IMG]

Stop taking pictures and take me on my walk!
[IMG][/IMG]
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh no, poor Raz I am so sorry to hear that the initial home wasn't the right one for him.

I do hope an experienced and patient home turns up for this guy really soon. Claire?????
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Gosh, what a heartwrenching story. I truely hope the right person comes along for him soon. He's a beautiful dog.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I would love to have him but Shamus is terrified of big un-neutered males and he`s only just been done. If there were some way to get Shamus to accept him, I`d take him.
I`m seeing Fluffybland on Wednesday so I`ll talk to her about visiting him.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Forgot to add that the remaining German Shepherd from the seize has now been rehomed too , so Raz is the last dog waiting to start his new life
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:50 PM
i truly hope this is the beginning of a whole new world for dear raz. what a remarkable dog he is. xx

ETA: sorry, i messed up and didn't see that he'd been brought back. i hope his luck changes soon. xx
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2009, 09:08 PM
awww bless him ....hope someone takes him he is a lovely boy xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I would love to have him but Shamus is terrified of big un-neutered males and he`s only just been done. If there were some way to get Shamus to accept him, I`d take him.
I`m seeing Fluffybland on Wednesday so I`ll talk to her about visiting him.
It would be great if you could manage it somehow. You have the perfect blend of experience, common sense and patience that I am sure Raz would thrive under. Fingers crossed.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Did you manage to meet Raz C&D? If do, how did the meeting go?

Any other updates on this lad?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >