Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
They were Springers, Clumbers and German pointers btw. The former of which all just looked so bored and not how I like to see my favourite breed.

I am entitled to feel like that based on what I saw.
The GP were in the same hall as the Vizsla , if I remember and hot is the last thing I would have called it.

Why do you say the dogs were all bored, ?

Because they are laying around resting sleeping, does Woody never just lay contented aroudn the house with a bored look on his face

Just looking at both of mine now, both have had a walk, and both are now lying on the sofa with extremely "bored" looks on their faces!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I always struggle at Crufts it's called in hall 4 but I sweltering in the shopping halls so I end up wearing loads of layers lol.
Ross is a nightmare at the side of the ring waiting to go in , if he spots one of his friends its choas, we try to avoid each other until judgings over. Pidge do you go to discover dogs if you do the times they have to spend in the arena are the same , are those dogs panting and stressed.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:42 PM
They were Springers, Clumbers and German pointers btw. The former of which all just looked so bored and not how I like to see my favourite breed.

Can you always tell the difference between bored and relaxed?

You may be right, there might be some boring bits for the dogs, but it doesn't mean they don't still enjoy the experience as whole. For example, if I took my dogs out for the day and we stopped for lunch, they might well appear bored while they were lying around waiting for me to finish. Doesn't mean they were bored all day or that they would have rather stayed at home.

Also, the same would be said for any competition with dogs - many of them may be bored while they're waiting for their go or waiting for the results . I've seen many gundogs lying around with a bored look waiting for their turn at trials.

Are you against all competion for this reason or just showing?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Ladies this is just a witch-hut and really getting silly to read

everyone is intitled to their oppinion based on their experiences
Pidge has been to crufts and seen it first hand and although her experiences do not match your experiences it dosent mean she isnt alowed to feel that way
It also does not in any way lessen your experience
and everyone else is free to make up their own minds based on what they experience

It is possible that some people were there for the first time the year the lady was showing her dog while another of her dogs was giving birth in the back of the van
This is not usual for crufts and I am sure most people condem what she did
However could you blame someone who had witnised it to have their veiw on crufts coloured by that?

Pidge has mentioned many reasons why she dosent like the show and yet you rip into this one, which is something that you really shouldnt comment on as you were not there and did not see the dogs at the time pidge did

Just because that has not been your experience does not mean that it is not what pidge saw

I am sure you will all admit there might be some showers who are not as caring as you all are and take dogs who do not enjoy showing
They might be few and far between and it may just be bad luck that pidge saw that - but it dosent mean she didnt see it just because its not how you and your dogs are

So can we please stop this petty picking, it dosent help your cause any either
Posts letting us know how proud you are and how happy your dogs are are far more likely to sway a person than ganging up and being petty bullies
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
However could you blame someone who had witnised it to have their veiw on crufts coloured by that?

Posts letting us know how proud you are and how happy your dogs are are far more likely to sway a person than ganging up and being petty bullies
They can have their view on crufts coloured by that - would just show folk how narrow minded they are. The incident you speak off is not linked to crufts - just because she competed with dogs an happened to be at the show..She could have done the same leaving the dog in the van or at home while shopping, walking other dogs, taking kids to school ect ect... People need to look at the bigger picture of course there are bad. Like with everything.

I do not see any bulling - all I see is sweeping statements.
I think all show people are proud of their dogs, most probs get abit fed up of bringing showing topics up. I for one can see why now. I havent been on this forum as long as alot of the daily active members and I am already fed up with the narrow minded folk stating this and that about people that enjoy showing as a 'hobby' with their 'loved' pets.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Pidge has been to crufts and seen it first hand and although her experiences do not match your experiences it dosent mean she isnt alowed to feel that way
and everyone else is free to make up their own minds based on what they experience

It is possible that some people were there for the first time the year the lady was showing her dog while another of her dogs was giving birth in the back of the van
Pidge has mentioned many reasons why she dosent like the show and yet you rip into this one, which is something that you really shouldnt comment on as you were not there and did not see the dogs at the time pidge did

Just because that has not been your experience does not mean that it is not what pidge saw

I am sure you will all admit there might be some showers who are not as caring as you all are and take dogs who do not enjoy showing
They might be few and far between and it may just be bad luck that pidge saw that - but it dosent mean she didnt see it just because its not how you and your dogs are

Yes, because its an irrational view, condemning the "WHOLE" for one participant.

If I witnessed such an event, I would have no respect for "that person" and I would go out of my way to make sure I never bought or recommended said breeder to anyone.

Why I would them widen the blame or lose respect for the competition involved, escapes me
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Was this around the gamekeepers rings by any chance?? because most of the springers up there will be working dogs and maybe a bit stressed as Crufts is the only show they will do.

PS the whole working/ show thing is a whole new thread, basically the workers have evolved to work different cover, thats why you see different sizes in different parts of the country
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Good post!

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
They can have their view on crufts coloured by that - would just show folk how narrow minded they are. The incident you speak off is not linked to crufts - just because she competed with dogs an happened to be at the show..She could have done the same leaving the dog in the van or at home while shopping, walking other dogs, taking kids to school ect ect... People need to look at the bigger picture of course there are bad. Like with everything.

I do not see any bulling - all I see is sweeping statements.
I think all show people are proud of their dogs, most probs get abit fed up of bringing showing topics up. I for one can see why now. I havent been on this forum as long as alot of the daily active members and I am already fed up with the narrow minded folk stating this and that about people that enjoy showing as a 'hobby' with their 'loved' pets.
Everyone bases their view on personal experience. I would not attend another ring-craft class after witnessing some of the behaviour in the one I went to. DO I tar everyone, no, but you would have to really push me to go to another and even then I would be hyper aware of anything similar happening.

It is personal and colours our own personal views and our own personal opinions.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Everyone bases their view on personal experience. I would not attend another ring-craft class after witnessing some of the behaviour in the one I went to. DO I tar everyone, no, but you would have to really push me to go to another and even then I would be hyper aware of anything similar happening.

It is personal and colours our own personal views and our own personal opinions.
It does not make them rational though.
Page 60 of 103 « First < 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 > Last »