View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I never give rawhide chews, had a bad experience with one of the knots coming off the end and having to drag it out of my dogs throat as he was choking, never again, I give natural raw meaty bones for the dogs to work themselves on they love them.

mo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Tuti I don't care for rawhide chews either ,like Laura I like the Nylabones.Another good thing to give Archie is a whole carrot, not from a nutrition point of view but to chew, any pieces broken of will soften in the tummy and cause no problem unlike rawhide
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Charlie I find Nylabones in every pet shop I visit, from Pets at Home & Acorn Pets (larger ones) to my wee local one, most usually have them but they are not in with "normal" bones cause they come in a plastic packet.

Laura
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I can find the nylabones Laura It's their Dinosaur shaped ones I've never seen other than on the stand at crufts and in the states Charlie doesn't give the bone shaped ones the time of day but he ADORES his Dinosaur and will chew on it all evening

http://www.nylabone.com/default.aspx...=111&prodID=61
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Ah right sorry my mistake there Charlie I misread what you said I never seen Dinasour ones either, only ones I see are the normal "bone" shaped ones and those with the big bits poking out lol.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the advice... I've decided I'll probably steer clear of rawhide after a bit of reading

Mini Archie loves his carrots as a chew so I'll keep giving him those

Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I never give my dogs rawhide - but they enjoy their carrots as well. I discovered it was great for their gums when they were teething especially if you keep them in the fridge to go really cold - another great thing my dogs loved and still do is ice-cubes - they go crazy for them
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I did give Teagan nylabones, but she bites the ends off them, and swallows them!
I just freeze carrots and give those4 to her!

Kingsley goes mad for ice cubes! He runs around like a loon with one, until his mouth freezes, then drops it, picks it up, and starts again! lol
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-04-2005, 04:07 PM
lol - that what my dogs do as well with ice-cubes - they also chuck it really high in the air and try to catch them (unsuccessfully most of the time)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Lily is the same she loves Ice-cubes and carrots, in fact she stole this one out of my Asda bag, while I was unpacking the shopping!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >