Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I thought that is what you meant

why dont you make a kong with her dried food. Soak it in warm water add the sardines and some yoghurt. That way Luna gets the sardines and some food from her daily portion.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Bella heres a good link explaing allergies & how to deal with them.
http://www.caninecaregroup.net/
when you click it go to Holistic Health.
Christine.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I was told that if it is an allergy or you are trying to find out if it is, try giving her a piriton antihistamine tablet - mind you I haven't done that but have read that they are used to treat bee and wasp stings, always worth a try.

Ian
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
The thing with giving antihistamines tho Ian is although it`ll stop the itching you`ll not get to the cause of it & unless it`s a one of itchy thing, it`ll be back! Great for the imediate prob but not so for long term
Christine.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Ah yeah Caz, that sounds like a great idea.... Hadnt thought about that. Would you soak it to a complete mush? or still lumpy?

Thanks Christine.

Looks really interesting... Will make sure I read it today

Thanks Hogget. But I dont think we can get piriton here. And I dont know what comes close to it, so wont risk anything.

Now I'm in the process of switching to chicken&rice, so we'll see if it helps.... I asked the question on a lab site I visit, and there's someone there, who had the same problem, when switching to lamb&rice (prob another brand), so it could be the lamb...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
You`re welcome Bella, also check out the other links it gives if you have time cos they`re good as well
I know the alternatives work as I had a dog who became allergic at around 2yrs of age, we never found the cause but it did stop eventually once I changed him over to raw diet.
Christine.
Meg
Supervisor

02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
I was told that if it is an allergy or you are trying to find out if it is, try giving her a piriton antihistamine tablet - mind you I haven't done that but have read that they are used to treat bee and wasp stings, always worth a try.
Ian
Sorry Ian hope you don't mind my saying and not wishing to contradict you, but I would never give chlorphenamine (piriton) to a dog unless it was on the advice of a vet or the dog was having a severe allergic reaction with the possibilities of anaphylactic shock. It is a drug which can produce side effect, piriton tablets are not recommended for children under six and it would be quite difficult to estimate a safe dose for a dog. Although in most cases Piriton is quite safe to take ,I have a problem with it myself because of the side effects.
Carole
Supervisor

02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
it does not really matter Jeanette. Stars is usually mush by the time I mix it and freeze it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I will Christine.... And I am having raw feeding in the thoughts....

Ah Mini I didnt know this about sideaffects... Hmm when I think about it, I got really drowsy (sp?) when I took some allergy pills to help with the itch from flea bites.....

Okay then Caz. I might just try that next time. If nothing else, we need more recipes for the kong. Its getting a little boring.... always the same....
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Hiya -Going back to what Lel said about changes in the house -have you had any natural decorations up ? pine or cinanmon or stuff like that and also have you had the heating cranked up ? My Murph gets scratty if the central heating's up high but he's ok with the coal fire ( the closer the better )
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >