View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Is he growling at her, hardly likely to get her in the mood LOL.
Thats like chinese torture listening to that.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Is he growling at her, hardly likely to get her in the mood LOL.
Thats like chinese torture listening to that.
lol No hes growling at vinnie,,,, who is at the other side of the cage,
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:27 PM
My boys behave exactly the same except neither of mine are stud dong so dont just do it at the "right time" its like that from the begining to the end, that is when I keep the bitch in the house during her heat, this is no longer the case, I now totally seperate the girls from the boys and the difference is amazing, they know there is a bitch in season, but apart from a couple of days behaving like the video, thats it they chill out and behave normally, seperating the girls from the boys like this is kinder to them all tension is not so high, so chance of them kicking off is reduced, they can all get some sleep, and they dont even go off food anymore.

Mo
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Ahh dear.....I'm very lucky, my entire male doesn't stress at all about bitches in season.
That's not fair. Get him to have a word with my Bailey would you
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
If I had no plans to mate holly for some time I would have got her the delv injection, But im not sure if I will mate her next season or not, As its best to have a season between injections before mating {which would mean this time next year instead of the summer } before I could mate her,
I may not even mate her in the summer who knows..
Tegan who comes into season four weeks before holly has been getting the delv injection to stop her seasons and it works well,
injection? Tell me more!!!! I'll have all thius to come. Loki is neutered but he has no idea!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Have you found any adverse effects from getting the girls injected ie have you bred from them afterwards, seasons going awry? I know I have used the injections in the past the first time I used it it did stop the season but she came back in straight after, and then her seasons were irrecgular I was concerned I would not be able to breed from her the second time I used it on a different bitch her seasons then went all over the place plus it didnt have the effect I wanted as the boys were STILL interested. I vowed never to use the injections again because of this problem.

Mo
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh my goodness, there is no way I would be able to cope with that. You have the patience of a saint Shona.
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Lol its all fun at your house shona!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Have you found any adverse effects from getting the girls injected ie have you bred from them afterwards, seasons going awry? I know I have used the injections in the past the first time I used it it did stop the season but she came back in straight after, and then her seasons were irrecgular I was concerned I would not be able to breed from her the second time I used it on a different bitch her seasons then went all over the place plus it didnt have the effect I wanted as the boys were STILL interested. I vowed never to use the injections again because of this problem.

Mo
I have to say, I havent had any problems with the injections, tegan has had a fair few and her seasons are still bang on six months, I have had one litter from tegan, but have not had any since, to be honest Im really thinking of having her spayed, I dont think I will have another litter from her so will consider getting her done in the new year,

Holly had one injection a year ago, Im not keen to give her anymore of them though as I would like to take a litter from her, I would rather not mess about with her due to that. I would be a bit paranoid about mating a bitch thats had lots of these injections.

I have never had the bitch come right back into season either, I was a bit late getting tegan's jag done six months ago, so the boys did show intrest for a few days, but this time I made sure I got the time right and have no issues again,

how long before there season was due did your vet advise to give the injection?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:29 PM
To be quite honest I cant remember lol its over three years ago since I had the last one give lol I cant remember what I did yesterday let alone that for back lol.

Mo
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >