Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Samson now at 7 months old

Thought i'd update peeps on samson now he's just getting to 7 months old. had him weighed at vets and is 35 kg, he's defo a cheeky one as he's ruined my front lawn with his bits of logs and sticks all over but worth it lol.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Such a happy cheeky monkey lovely dog xxxxxxxxxxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Lovely xxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
handsome boy

...but please do not take offence...he seems to be carrying a bit too much weight,care should be taken not to do this with growing large breed dogs,it puts extra strain on their joints.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
handsome boy

...but please do not take offence...he seems to be carrying a bit too much weight,care should be taken not to do this with growing large breed dogs,it puts extra strain on their joints.
no offence taken dont worry, no he went to vets 3 weeks ago for a lame leg and the vet was pleased with his growth and weight. when he does lie down though he seems bigger due to being a bulmastiff cross rotty he gets 3 meals a day wainwright's and we go by the guidence on the bag. but looking at him now then on the piccys he does look fatter on the piccy's lmao.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
no offence taken dont worry, no he went to vets 3 weeks ago for a lame leg and the vet was pleased with his growth and weight. when he does lie down though he seems bigger due to being a bulmastiff cross rotty he gets 3 meals a day wainwright's and we go by the guidence on the bag. but looking at him now then on the piccys he does look fatter on the piccy's lmao.
they are often too much as they want u to buy more

he should be lanky-ish at this stage ...can u feel his ribs without digging for them?
im sorry but i feel passionate about this and large breed dogs, so many medical problems can help to be avoided and it costs nothing
think of a growing racehorse
ok ,il shut up, soz again
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
they are often too much as they want u to buy more

he should be lanky-ish at this stage ...can u feel his ribs without digging for them?
im sorry but i feel passionate about this and large breed dogs, so many medical problems can help to be avoided and it costs nothing
think of a growing racehorse
ok ,il shut up, soz again
dont be silly Tupac honestly i want him healthy etc so advice is gratefully accepted. yeah i can defo feel his ribs without digging for them he his starting to get leggy now though. i thought the same but he as a lot of loose skin from the bullmastiff side of him. but as i said 3 weeks ago i took him vets and he did a full check up oh and forgot to say as well hun he gets walked to school in the morning and 1 long walk in afternoon then 1 at tea timeish. so he gets out and is very active think it could be the breed tbh, as women i know from the states breeds them and she said they stop growing at about 3-5 years old. but i have noticed when i go to weigh him monthly he's not putting the weight on as quick as he was as a puppy if that makes sense. but honestly honesty is the best policie its my first dog and we learn from other's, so dont hesitate in telling me if you think something is wrong as we learn from experinced people.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Wow, what a handsome chap, more, more, more!

So happy too, lovely to see .

Yeah if i fed my two whats recommended on the pack they'd be as fat as pork pigs, well i learnt this by doing it tbh, especially with the little one being so naughty she gets so many training treats on top of her meals too, heehee! xxx
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow, what a handsome chap, more, more, more!

So happy too, lovely to see .

Yeah if i fed my two whats recommended on the pack they'd be as fat as pork pigs, well i learnt this by doing it tbh, especially with the little one being so naughty she gets so many training treats on top of her meals too, heehee! xxx
thanx for that yeah if i take him for his long walk and i take treats i miss his dinner to compensate. but the meals are not big because i do his meal and always think wow am i starving him lol. yeah he handsome one but im biassed lol couldnt of asked for a better first time dog he responds brill to training etc.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Do you have a recent pic of him standing? pref side on?

He's a handsome boy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >