Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 03:30 AM

Length of Season

Can anyone tell me the maximum amount of time it is possible for a bitch to stay in season?

I'm confused Misty came into season recently for the first time, their was barely any blood at all. On day 5 the amount of blood increased ever so slightly. On day 10 she just suddenly seemed to stop bleeding (dabbing with white tissue frequently produced nothing). On day 14 she got a pale yellowish pink colour in very small amounts. On day 16 this stopped there has been nothing since (my male lost interest on day 17) but now on day 27 she still appears swollen so am concearned how much longer max I am likely to have to wait till I can risk taking her out as being stuck at home is really starting to stress her.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Think its 8 weeks? not sure though
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Dont know but it sure feels like forever! Vienna has only been on for 2 weeks so i know i've still got a fair time to wait!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:49 AM
i`v only had experience with one season.. with one bitch and she lasted approx a calender month.. 30 days or so.
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi,
I have 2 unspayed girlies Amy is normally 3 weeks from start to finish but i give her an extra week afterwards just incase but can tell when it starts & finishes as she gets really grumpy for the whole season.
Holly has just finished her first season & that lasted about 3 & half weeks & again i gave her an extra week just to be on the safe side.
I must say though that after both of their first seasons their girly bits have never seemed as small as they once were

sarah
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
It's usually about 3 weeks.

The first week is when you get the bleeding, then it stops. The second and third week 'bits' look like they've burst
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
mine are normally about a month all in all they have probably finished in 3 weeks and used to let the girls in but to be honest but I keep them seperate from the boys for the full month now so that the boys dont get het up between themselves.

Mo
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks everyone will give it a few more days then just to be sure then just go on an onlead walk till I am sure shes definatly not attracting any males.