View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:31 PM

So, when did it become acceptable to insult a strangers dog?

i must have missed the memo!

today on our walk a very rude man approached me and Dutch, he looked at dutch then said to me 'well, what an ugly dog.'
i said 'excuse me?' not sure that i'd heard him right,
he said 'what an ugly dog'

my chin must have hit the floor!
i replied with 'well i bet he saw you and thought what an ugly human!'
and walked away
looking back i think i should have flipped him the middle finger too while i was there!

some people never fail to amaze me!
so this was my first encounter with a genuine plonker.

anyone else?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I frequently get some revolting child look at us and say `I don`t like dogs`. as though I`m supposed to apologise for our existence or disappear in a puff of smoke.
I always reply - It`s all right dear, they don`t like you much.
Which for some reason seems to annoy them.
TBH I get more fed up with the parents talking to their children about staying away from the nasty dog.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Never had anybody call my dogs ugly (I get the opposite with Flynn, everybody wants to know what he is as he's a bit of a handsome devil) but a stranger on the park did once suggest I ought to try feeding Flynn.

Ok, think whatever you like but is there really any need to voice your worthless opinion?
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I frequently get some revolting child look at us and say `I don`t like dogs`. as though I`m supposed to apologise for our existence or disappear in a puff of smoke.
I always reply - It`s all right dear, they don`t like you much.
Which for some reason seems to annoy them.
TBH I get more fed up with the parents talking to their children about staying away from the nasty dog.
glad its not just me then, i always get kids shouting something about Dutchs ears from a distance

Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Never had anybody call my dogs ugly (I get the opposite with Flynn, everybody wants to know what he is as he's a bit of a handsome devil) but a stranger on the park did once suggest I ought to try feeding Flynn.

Ok, think whatever you like but is there really any need to voice your worthless opinion?
exactly! keep your thoughts to yourself!
you may think my dogs ugly but i dont and i dont appreciate hearing it from you, thanks all the same.
some people aye.
oh well i survived my first encounter, im sure there'll be more though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I always reply - It`s all right dear, they don`t like you much. Which for some reason seems to annoy them.
Lol
I would have been really wicked, rude man
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Some people are just so rude it's untrue. Your comment back did make me chuckle People haven't commented on Joe's looks but have done on his behaviour Most o f the time I try to be polite but sometimes I do have to tell them to F.O. You should've flashed the middle finger too, just for the hell of it.

Your dog is gorgeous by the way!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I would have been much ruder than you...... well done for controlling yourself....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I get it all the time, having the hairless cresties! I learnt to just laugh at them, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Please dont let it get to you
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
aww that's so mean!! I think he's scrumptious.

I was once in a council meeting with my client and his hearing dog for the deaf, a person of a certain religion who apparently see dog as scum kicked it out the way - Yes kicked it! It was more than a shove, a KICK! I went mental at her and didn't shut up about it all week, infact I still go on about it now whenever I'm back there!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm afraid you're going to have to develop a thick skin, but I loved your response!

Those of us with small dogs get the rat comments, staffy owners get the man-eating comments and I'm sure that there are heaps more Dogsey members with similar stories of prejudice.

Sadly, rude people will just always find something to be rude about.

Good job Dutch has those big floppy ears, he probably didn't even hear the insult! Give him hugs from us and tell him he's beautiful.

J.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »