Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Rspca

Are they useless or useless!

I've joined a hedgehog forum,I thought it would help us through caring for Spike.Anyhow somebody found a baby one and contacted the RSPCA.

Their advice was give it hot milk and release it the next day They said they put them to sleep as they can be difficult to feed
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Have to agree with you on the RSPCA, I've become dissillusioned with them as well.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I found some a few years back and contacted the RSPCA who would not come out and told me to contact the nearest Wildlife Centre, which I did and the story had a happy outcome, but no thanks to the RSPCA.

So I too think they are useless.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 08:16 AM
With wildlife I always went to the nearest wildlife sanctuary rather than the RSPCA. They actually cared for wildlife but I feel the RSPCA probably put a lot of the wild animals they are given down rather than rehabilitation.
Becky
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I remember being told some stories bout the rspca, there are a lot of victims. One about a lady who owned a Tortoise, she lived in a row of terraced houses. Her Tortoise would roam along the gardens of the Terrace and all the neighbours knew about it. One Tenant sold up and new people moved in that didnt know about the Tortoise, so when they found it in their garden, they called the rspca about it.
The rspca asked them to descibe it, then informed them that it was a Terrapin and to put it in a bowl of water, this they did, naturally, the Tortoise drowned. Just one example of the 'cant be bothered' attitude of a society thats supposed to care
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 10:41 AM
thats awful

the rspca are pathetic in some cases
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I have to agree in that I've never found them any use at all.

They always harp on about not getting any money from the government. The thing is, if they did, they would be regulated and have targets or figures to work to. As it is who knows what they do?

I've called them for wildlife before, they didn't want to know.
I've tried to rehome an animal, a cat, we weren't suitable as the cat had to go upstairs after coming in the front door .
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 10:51 AM
As i have posted before any 'charity' that has the man power and funds to cold call me for a donation doesn't need my support!
Haven't got allot of time for them at all.